Draft Day Deal...

I haven't heard this scenario thrown around yet, but it seems to me it could immediately solve a few problems. I realize that the Ravens are shopping Jared Gaithers, and it has been reported that it would take as little as one 2nd-rounder to get the deal done. Here's what I propose:

Let's say hypothetically that Okung, Williams and Bulaga are all gone by #9. Why not offer to swap picks with Baltimore in exchange for Gaithers? I believe the value to move from #25 to #9 has to be at least the value of #41 -- our natural 2nd-rounder. This would give us the LT we've been looking for while still allowing 2 picks between #25 and #41. This would allow us to take a combination of a few players. How do some of these sound to you Bills fans?

Gaithers +:

#25:

Cody

Odrick

Weatherspoon

Tebow

McCoy

Clausen (if he happens to free-fall)

#41:

Hughes

Price

Cam Thomas

D. Thomas

Tate

Benn

Just a thought.

In a perfect world, yes, swapping would be "by far" the best option! However, the Ravens probably don't value anything at #9. If we say that it makes sense for us then it prolly doesn't for them IMO.

"Jared Gaither via trade

Odrick @ 25 (I've read he's a PERFECT 3-4 DE that N.E. has their radars on) or Cody or Graham

Tebow @41 ...why not

3rd-Arthur Jones or Mike Williams ------> I'm from Syracuse, c'mon!

4th-depth at LB

5th-depth at OL"

I haven't heard this scenario thrown around yet, but it seems to me it could immediately solve a few problems. I realize that the Ravens are shopping Jared Gaithers, and it has been reported that it would take as little as one 2nd-rounder to get the deal done. Here's what I propose:

Let's say hypothetically that Okung, Williams and Bulaga are all gone by #9. Why not offer to swap picks with Baltimore in exchange for Gaithers? I believe the value to move from #25 to #9 has to be at least the value of #41 -- our natural 2nd-rounder. This would give us the LT we've been looking for while still allowing 2 picks between #25 and #41. This would allow us to take a combination of a few players. How do some of these sound to you Bills fans?

I was thinking this exact same thing..... I almost posted it too.. It makes sense.. we get a Tackle and keep all of our picks... It would be a good move IMO... Maybe we draft Williams or even Cody there.. Hell.. might be able to get Clausen there too... I'd be happy if they made this move.

Gaithers +:

#25:

Cody

Odrick

Weatherspoon

Tebow

McCoy

Clausen (if he happens to free-fall)

#41:

Hughes

Price

Cam Thomas

D. Thomas

Tate

Benn

Just a thought.

That would be great! :unsure: Not sure the likelihood though. It would immediately shore up our LT spot and allow us to fill other areas at 25 and 41.

Let's just say this happens, I still say we go OT at 25 or 41. Green is definitely a stop gap and if someone Trent Williams, Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Roger Staffold falls to #25, TAKE ONE! Or....if Dan Williams is still at #25 take him and hope one of the four mentioned OTs are available at #41.

Imagine our lines:

Gaither

Levitre

Hangartner

Wood

Williams/Brown/Davis/Staffold

Stroud

Williams

Edwards

Someone get Baltimore on the line!