New Trade Idea

Munch

Trade Kyle Williams to Baltimore (and maybe a later round pick) for Gaither. I know Kyle is good, but Im not sold he will be of great use in a 3-4. Baltimore may be willing to do this trade though, as it would improve both teams IMO. Then at 9 we could grab Clausen. With #41 we could then grab a NT, maybe Cam Thomas (a little reach I know, but we NEED a NT, and he likely wont be there in rd 3). Trading down in rd2 would be ideal in this scenario, but i wouldnt be against him going here. OR we could use #9 on Dan Williams, and #41 on Colt McCoy, then we got 3 position needs locked up in 2 rounds. Of course were down K. Williams, but I think the improvements would negate his loss. Get a true 3-4 OLB somewhere and a G and another RT and I think we may be heading in the right direction for once!

Questions? Thoughts? Different ideas? Lets hear em! :thumbsup:

K williams is an excellent player but his value is not that of a young, athletic LT. I don't think the Ravens would go for it. Also, they run an aggressive 3-4 ala the Jets, so if you think he doesn't have a role in our 3-4, he probably doesn't in theirs either (personally I think he will be better than people think in this defense anyway).

K williams is an excellent player but his value is not that of a young, athletic LT. I don't think the Ravens would go for it. Also, they run an aggressive 3-4 ala the Jets, so if you think he doesn't have a role in our 3-4, he probably doesn't in theirs either (personally I think he will be better than people think in this defense anyway).

Agree across the board with this. :thumbsup:

Excellent points. I agree Gaither is alot more valuable, just trying to figure out a way to get him AND keep our 1st and 2nd round picks. Probably cant happen though :thumbsup:

I think that Kyle is going to make an excellent pass rushing DE in our 3-4 scheme. The problem is, if you think he is going to work for Baltimore, why don't you think he'd work here in the same scheme? In a solid 3-4, you have to be able to rotate players and right now we have Stroud, Williams, and the new guy. That's not a lot of depth and losing Williams would hurt us down the road.

Trade a straight up 2nd for Gaither

I think that Kyle is going to make an excellent pass rushing DE in our 3-4 scheme. The problem is, if you think he is going to work for Baltimore, why don't you think he'd work here in the same scheme? In a solid 3-4, you have to be able to rotate players and right now we have Stroud, Williams, and the new guy. That's not a lot of depth and losing Williams would hurt us down the road.

I guess not fitting the system was the wrong words, I guess i just think he may be the best trade bait we got for Baltimore, and may be relatively expendable if it meant we get our LT. I am 150% on board with a straight up 2nd for Gaither, but was trying to figure a way we could keep our 2nd and acquire him.

I agree with this totally. The last thing we need to do is trade a player away to fill a need only to create another need. +1 for the straight up second....and maybe throw a 6th in for good measure