If you're in Monroe County, NY, you probably have

heard the name Merritt Rahn. Sadly, you've also heard the name John Parranello. Is there a more pathetic human being than Parranello? Can you imagine actually believing the sound bites he spews in Rahn's defense?

How do defense attorneys keep from laughing out loud in court, having to listen to their own patter?

Let me get this straight. Some Friggin Dirt-Bag steals a gun from an Injured Police Officer and you clowns rally in support of the Friggin Liberal DA who's trying to blame the Injured Police Officer for what the Dirt-Bag did.

Did I friggin miss something here?

Let me get this straight. Some Friggin Dirt-Bag steals a gun from an Injured Police Officer and you clowns rally in support of the Friggin Liberal DA who's trying to blame the Injured Police Officer for what the Dirt-Bag did.

Did I friggin miss something here?

Brutal.

George...Yeah, you did miss something; you missed the whole thing....

From the article you linked to...

Rahn's lawyer, John R. Parrinello, claims the charges are "a political witch hunt." And in heated exchanges with Justice Francis A. Affronti, Parrinello sought to ask questions of witnesses that he said would link the initial investigation into Rahn's stolen pistol to what Parrinello purported was an attempt to besmirch Rahn and remove him as a potential opponent to Sheriff Andrew Meloni in the 2001 election. Meloni later chose not to stand for re-election.

With the jury out of the courtroom, Parrinello said Connors was taken off the case because he refused to politically embarrass Rahn by charging the thief, Kenneth DeFazio, who testified Thursday that he stole the gun and traded it for 10 to 15 bags of crack cocaine.

At the time that DeFazio first told investigators about the gun theft, he had admitted forging stolen checks and was helping clear unsolved cases with the written promise that he wouldn't be charged.

In my world the benefit of the doubt goes to the police...

Same in my world. The point is that Rahn disgraced his office, his town and now is being defended by a shyster who pooh poohs twelve years worth of underhanded dealings and blue wall corruption.

The police I back are honest, public serving, and ashamed at the actions of this bozo.

Same in my world. The point is that Rahn disgraced his office, his town and now is being defended by a shyster who pooh poohs twelve years worth of underhanded dealings and blue wall corruption.

The police I back are honest, public serving, and ashamed at the actions of this bozo.

Parinello is always around the dregs of this city crying and whining about everything.

No need for a trial then? Just hang him and anybody who tries to defend him? He's a cop and he kept his mouth shut when a cop is supposed to keep his mouth shut, so he's guilty?

Welcome to Siberia, Comerade!

Just when is a cop supposed to keep his mouth shut? When a fellow officer breaks the law? When an influential citizen provides a special favor in return for a special favor? When a citizen is arrested for an action that is ignored when a fellow cop is involved? When the truth is sought in a courtroom? Is there a whole parallel system of laws that only apply to cops?

May you never be the victim of a cop who is willing to sacrifice you for her/his own ends.

Just when is a cop supposed to keep his mouth shut? When a fellow officer breaks the law? When an influential citizen provides a special favor in return for a special favor? When a citizen is arrested for an action that is ignored when a fellow cop is involved? When the truth is sought in a courtroom? Is there a whole parallel system of laws that only apply to cops?

May you never be the victim of a cop who is willing to sacrifice you for her/his own ends.

And where did all that come from? You linked to a story about a police officer being persecuted by a Friggin Liberal DA because some Scumbag stole a gun out of his car. None of what you listed above is mentioned in that story.

To answer your original question; There are several different times when a cop should, and a good Police Officer Will, keep his mouth shut.

1. When opening his mouth will hinder an ongoing investigation.

2. When opening his mouth will reflect badly on the department.

3. When opening his mouth will place a brother officer in danger.

4. When opening his mouth will escalate a bad situation.

5. When opening his mouth will give friggin liberal politicians an excuse to use him (and his brothers on the thin blue line) as a scapegoat(s).

I goess that's why the post is titled If you're in Monroe County, NY....

Then maybe you should have:

1. Posted on the Monroe County NY, Message Boards, or

2. Posted links to the proof that everything you allege about this particular Police Officer is true, or

3. Just kept your Friggin Liberal Police Hating Trap Shut!

Re #3 above: So I hate my father, Lieutenant in NYSP, and brother, Officer in local PD?

You need to focus your broad brush...or continue to point your mantra: "All police officers are always right; those who question are always wrong"...at something other than this topic.