Trent Edwards Prediction

CAVEDAWG

I'm thinking if "Chan the Man" is so good at improving QB's then Trent will be the starter when the season starts. Thats not to say they won't draft a new QB. I'm saying NOW, they will draft a new guy. He will be behind Trent on the depth chart. If Trent struggles at all then he will be benched by midseason. I think they will give all the QB's a chance untill midseason.

I still think it's too early to scrap the QB's we have. Obviously the system, the line and the playcalling were all wrong last year. :D

Things seem to be changing at ONE BILLS DRIVE! Lets give them the chance they deserve. Afterall "Bellicheat" failed with the Browns before he was given a new chance with the Pats. :lol:

Sigh maybe I'm just dellusional. Pipe dreams :rolleyes:

GO BILLS!!!

I'm thinking if "Chan the Man" is so good at improving QB's then Trent will be the starter when the season starts. Thats not to say they won't draft a new QB. I'm saying NOW, they will draft a new guy. He will be behind Trent on the depth chart. If Trent struggles at all then he will be benched by midseason. I think they will give all the QB's a chance untill midseason.

I still think it's too early to scrap the QB's we have. Obviously the system, the line and the playcalling were all wrong last year. :D

Things seem to be changing at ONE BILLS DRIVE! Lets give them the chance they deserve. Afterall "Bellicheat" failed with the Browns before he was given a new chance with the Pats. :lol:

GO BILLS!!!

You are not delusional. Trent Edwards is going to compete with the other qbs on the roster and win the starting job. If the line is bulked up and another receiving threat is added then he will have the needed support to be a legitimate starting quarterback.

Throw out last year. The front office and inept coaching staff created a situation where the season was lost before it even started. Our OL was bad to start off the season. When some injuries occurred our lack of depth resulted in a total collapse of the offense.

I am not anoiting Trent Edwards as our starting qb. What I am saying is that there should be a fair competition and the best person should earn the starting job. With a better OL and a good running game to go along with his medium range accuracy the offense should be dramatically better.

For those who want to jettison TE before the season starts my response is that it is foolish to get rid of a qb who is better than the other qbs on the roster. Let the players compete against one another and when TE wins the competition be gracious and give him his due.

The Bills are a team presently in shambles in which the new regime is trying to salvage whatever they can from the old clown regime. To give up on a player before giving that player a fair chance is a luxury that this dismal franchise can't afford. Chan Gailey has made comments that he is starting fresh. That is the right approach to take. Let the players make the decisions for the coaches by their performances on the field.

I agree, the whole system under Jauron was off. To many questionable moves last year to throw it all on Trent, offensive line issues, firing OC 1 week before opener, pressure of T.O., Lynch's off field issues, unlimited injuries, etc. I don't know how talented he is, but at least he seem to be able to think out there when he's not being buried. I also tend to question the wide receivers, I won't feel like they get any seperation. With the expection of the long ball they don't seem to be able to produce any yards after the caught. Maybe this limits Trent's window to throw the ball, and he is forced to check it down. I don't know, I guess when in are a 10 year funk, and there is no end in sight, you grab any hope you can find.

If he starts this year with an improved o-line and fails what will be the excuse then? TO gone....no this or no that? Should be interesting to see what the new excuses will be.

There are no excuses. If he can't get the job done then he is gone. It is as simple as that. The same dismissal action applys to any other player playing any position. If a player is not getting the job done then another option is tried. The players will be held accountable for their performances. Having preconceived judgments is not a good way to run any organization.

Anyone see the clip of Trent being interviewed on NFL Network last night? His hair cut looks really gay. (not that's there's anything wrong with that.)

It looked just like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PavelChekov.jpg

He can't be getting any T and A with that look.

You're confused. This is the gay one from Star Trek. Thought the hair styles are pretty much the same.

Trent Edwards prediction?

Injured by October. Hopefully career-ending.

damn.. i mean, i have strong disdain for trent edwards myself, but i wouldn't want him to get a career ending injury. shrug.

damn.. i mean, i have strong disdain for trent edwards myself, but i wouldn't want him to get a career ending injury. shrug.

Sorry, but I just want him gone. He is the personification of everything that is wrong with this team. I'm to the point of rooting for him to start, because I know that will hasten his exit. Even if that sets us back in the development of a real QB.

GO BILLS!!!

They all suck. I say cut them all and draft / bring in other guys to compete. We know what these 3 clowns have to offer....nothing.

I just wish people would realize there was a reason fitz was our qb and Trent was on the bench last season. I don't understand why there are so many people willing yo bank the problems of a third round draft pick on a coaching staff. Also I cannot stand to sit in the stands and watch him throw a 5 yard out on third and twenty. Draft someone and let fitz make us look like an NFL team a bad one but at least one that doesn't belong playing in the ufl at least it was exciting when he came in and the when the rookies ready give him the reigns. And ps I understand Trent has more mechanichal and athletic potential but if anyone was at a game and saw is lame duck of a deep ball you can understand my distaste for him as a football player

Guest dog14787

wow dude. edwards looks really good this game.

holy crap i dont think i've ever seen buffalo move the ball like this against pittsburgh..

damn, pittsburgh's defense is getting dissected. edwards is looking good.

edwards w/ the wheels! is that a first?

A blast from the past...

wow dude. edwards looks really good this game.

holy crap i dont think i've ever seen buffalo move the ball like this against pittsburgh..

damn, pittsburgh's defense is getting dissected. edwards is looking good.

edwards w/ the wheels! is that a first?

A blast from the past...

glorious, glorious preseason.. ahh, if only preseason success translated into regular season success.

They all suck. I say cut them all and draft / bring in other guys to compete. We know what these 3 clowns have to offer....nothing.
After opening day last season we all got a surprise as TE played a really good game at NE... and his biggest hater on the boards wrote a long letter of apology to the posters here stating he was wrong about TE being bad.

As the season progressed and O line injuries occurred and TE regressed badly. Then everyone started clamoring for Fitz to save the season because now TE sucked. The coaches put in Fitz and he looked good for a few games and then regressed badly and fans wanted to see what Brohm could do because Fitz sucked... Guess what, Brohm sucked even worse.

What do all these QB's have in common... they couldn't do it alone, by themselves, without a decent offense supporting them. The only thing we know for certain is most QB's can't win without decent support.

Understand that the scheme stunk, the coaches stunk, the game plans stunk, the play calling stunk, the O line stunk. The coaches were so horrid they couldn't figure out how to get TO the ball...

There is a reason RW crap canned the entire coaching staff and hired an offensive mind. Ten years of being 25th or worse on offense finally made RW look to an offensive head coach with experience.

The Bills were near last in the NFL against the run AGAIN last season, year after year the same crap. The Bills can't stop the run, should they just cut all the LB's and D linemen and start over with new players?

Guest dog14787
glorious, glorious preseason.. ahh, if only preseason success translated into regular season success.

How about a certain response when asked who the possible pro bowlers could be for the coming up season,

bizell: Trent Edwards duh

Point being is we have all been impressed with TE at one time or another and for good reason. TE in his short time in the NFL has shown flashes of greatness despite having the deck stacked against him.

TE in his short time in the NFL has shown flashes of greatness despite having the deck stacked against him.

Short time??????????????????

Try 3 LONG years, none of which he was able to avoid injury.

You're setting yourself up for more disappointment, Dog.