Some stuff from Rotoworld about the Bills

He was 249# at the combine. Who knows what he actually played at last year.

He was tweeting that he gained 10lbs in the past couple weeks prior to arriving in Buffalo. More proof that he is not a natural 245 lbs, but has to go on binges just to get there. The guy doesn't have the size to play in an NFL front 7.

I'm not going to put this in it's own thread today until there is confirmation from JW, Lori or TG. It is interesting though and it does come from Schefter.

Sam Bradford -QB- Player April 1 - 5:17 pm et

The Buffalo Bills are very close to reaching a deal for the Rams number one draft pick. Buffalo currently picks ninth in the first round this year and the Bills are also offering CB Leodis McKelvin and S Donte Whitner . The Rams are looking for another low round draft pick or another player to go along with the deal. The Rams ranked 25th against the pass last year.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Related: Bills

I don't like the idea of losing McKelvin because I'm not sure the Bills have a reliable number two CB or a KR with his abilities. I wonder if the scRams are angling for Marshawn Lynch as the other player?

Bradford is a dream come true at QB, it seems right now, but it's still risky to give up that much for one player. If they have to give up another low round draft pick I hope it's in next years draft.

April Fools Jackasses!!

He was tweeting that he gained 10lbs in the past couple weeks prior to arriving in Buffalo. More proof that he is not a natural 245 lbs, but has to go on binges just to get there. The guy doesn't have the size to play in an NFL front 7.

FWIW, James Harrison is listed at 242. He took some time to develop too, but eventually became Def. player of the year. Obviously way too early to compare Maybin to him, but you can't make statements like that based solely on Maybin's size (or lack thereof).

Also, good stuff on George Wilson. I'm not one of the many Whitner haters on this board, but no one can deny the fact that Wilson has outplayed him at every turn at a much lower price. I'm for getting rid of Whitner now while he still commands some value.

Maybin was projected to be an outside linebacker. It is definitely too early to give up on him. Maybe it is just the slant of the reporting, but I really like his attitude, which seems to be a lot different than Mike Williams attitude was.

I would rather have someone like Kyle Williams and Donte Whitner, who may not be superstar talents but who are good players that work hard and show up, unlike Marshawn Lynch and Mike Williams.

Say what you want about Maybin, but the guy is clearly putting in the time to get better. He was green coming out and we all knew that, but it's not like he's pulling a Marshawn Lynch or a Mike Williams and taking his money and going home. He clearly has a desire to succeed. If he fails, it won't be for lack of effort.

As are 99% of the players in the off season................. hope he works out though. VERY much want to be wrong !!

As long as they don't grab him with the 9th pick I'm cool with it. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round.

Yeah, don't grab him (Tebow) at 9 and watch the Patriots grab him late first round. Then potentially endure another 2 decades of Patriot dominance over Buffalo. Just a thought.

Buffalo bills news from Rotoworld.

It seems a lot has been going on at OBD recently;

Aaron Maybin-LB- Bills Mar. 30 - 11:04 am et

Bills OLB Aaron Maybin reported to the team's offseason program at 246 pounds.

"If I gain another 10 pounds I think I’ll still be around the same speed, the same explosiveness," he said. Maybin, last year's 11th overall pick, is currently set to compete with Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, and Chris Ellis at outside linebacker. At 6'4/256, he'd have the look of a prototype 3-4 rusher.Source: Buffalo News

This sounds good. Hopefully Maybin will make a strong impact at LB this year. :doh:

Cary Harris-DB- Bills Mar. 29 - 5:03 pm et

Bills re-signed exclusive rights free agent DB Cary Harris, TE Jonathan Stupar, LB Jon Corto, and WR Felton Huggins to one-year contracts.

All four are slated for minimum salaries, and will be on the roster bubble in training camp. Harris, a free safety/cornerback, was a sixth-round pick in 2009. Stupar had a standout preseason last year, but didn't make the team.Related: Jon Condo, Felton Huggins, Jonathan Stupar

Nothing earth shattering here, but I like how they link Jon Condo instead of John Corto. :(

Keith Ellison-LB- Bills Mar. 29 - 4:55 pm et

Bills re-signed restricted free agent LB Keith Ellison to a one-year, $1.176 million contract.

Ellison, 26, has been an on-and-off starter at both outside linebacker positions since entering the league in 2006. Highly injury prone and a liability against the run, he'll be phased out with Buffalo transitioning to the 3-4.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Looks like a deal that won't cost much if they decide to cut him in TC

George Wilson-DB- Bills Mar. 29 - 4:54 pm et

Bills re-signed restricted free agent S George Wilson to a one-year, $1.759 million contract.

The 29-year-old converted wide receiver has emerged as one of the league's most underrated safeties. Wilson racked up a highly impressive 103 tackles last year to go with four picks and two sacks. He should be locked into the starting strong safety job in 2010, especially if Donte Whitner is traded.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I think the one year agreement is only his tender offer. I'm pretty sure they will extend that contract out. If they do a long term contract with him before the draft it will be a very bad sign for Whitner's chances of staying in Buffalo, JMO

Tim Tebow-QB- Player Mar. 29 - 9:05 am et

The Bills had Florida QB Tim Tebow in town for a visit Sunday, according to Jim Kelly's wife.

Jill Kelly spilled the beans about Jim having dinner with Tebow on Sunday night. New Bills coach Chan Gailey is known for working with mobile quarterbacks as he utilized Kordell Stewart while in Pittsburgh and Reggie Ball at Georgia Tech. The Bills pick ninth in April's draft.Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Related: Bills

The more I learn about Tebow the less I'm against him wearing a Bills uniform. He's extremely tough and has a Captain Kirkesque mindset about no win scenarios, for himself and his team. I trust BN and if he takes him I wont criticize the pick until two years down the road.

True.. but they won those game regardless.

As long as they don't grab him with the 9th pick I'm cool with it. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round.

My sentiments exactly.

If we can get him at #41 I'll be ok with it...providing he becomes what we all hope that he would.

I want a mean, Pro Bowl LT at #9.