Edwards Speaks

5 Wide

In my view, the mistake was made when Levitre left his man to help Bell (typically linemen are taught to block from the inside out). Hangartner tried to help, but was not able to (he did not have the angle and was not quick enough to get over there to block the guy who came through the space that Levitre vacated).

It was a 3 step drop that was designed for Edwards to get the ball out at the top of his drop. The WR probably ran a slant and Edwards froze like a deer in the headlights because the WR wasn't wide open. The O-line did it's job and when the pocket broke down, which it will in the NFL, Edwards was clueless as to what to do. He puts his head down and that is why he got injured. The injury was all on Edwards.

"I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid." - Trentative

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right on the mark here. I'm reading the same thing as everyone here suggesting he's DJ2, dull, failing to take the blame and all I see is this:

Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that.

If you want a pound of flesh from the guy, fine. But if you want the whole truth, that would include Trent saying:

The offense has been a mess since I've been here.

The offense was a mess with me in the games.

The offense was a mess with me on the sidelines.

The offensive line was very inexperienced to start the year and that didn't help.

The offensive line looked different pretty much every week and that didn't help.

The head coach cutting a starter right before the season didn't help.

The head coach firing the offensive coordinator 72 hours before the pats game didn't help.

Having a rookie offensive coordinator learning on-the-job didn't help.

The fact that our #2 running back was suspended to start bthe season didn't help offensive continuity.

I'd bet many wouldn't like that either, but it's the truth.

I'm all for letting Chan Gailey figure this out. If he can get us some good qb play out of any of the three guys on the roster, great. I'm ok with a qb being happy to play for a guy who knows how to run an offense. I've seen enough crappy offensive football to last a lifetime, and that's just from last year.

GREAT POST!!!! :thumbsup:

No matter what, there will always be Trent supporters. I respect their opinion, and they're entitled to it, but i have to disagree. I just can't stand his dull and uninspired attitude. I don't want someone like that leading the Buffalo Bills. It's obvious that he has had a mostly unfavorable supporting cast and it's possible that things could have been different. But he's damaged goods now. It's time to move on.

Totally agree Lockport;

Only one thing additional though...I saw the boys practice last year at the campus. (Only once) And Trent plays like he practiced and he practiced, like he plays! All bad! (And maybe this isn't all on Trent) But Trent would take a simulated sack on almost every play that day, and the coaches would just allow the same play to "continue" (as if he were never sacked) then Trent would "finally" throw a completion to Evans or TO who would then run for the simulated TD. The crowd would break into a frenzy! Why?...I don't know! My friends that day needed a fork lift to get my chin off of the ground, I was that astonished! To this day, I still can't believe what I saw. Worse than Pop Warner, IMO. And Trent sounds just like his former coach in that interview and that can not be good.

Totally agree Lockport;

Only one thing additional though...I saw the boys practice last year at the campus. (Only once) And Trent plays like he practiced and he practiced, like he plays! All bad! (And maybe this isn't all on Trent) But Trent would take a simulated sack on almost every play that day, and the coaches would just allow the same play to "continue" (as if he were never sacked) then Trent would "finally" throw a completion to Evans or TO who would then run for the simulated TD. The crowd would break into a frenzy! Why?...I don't know! My friends that day needed a fork lift to get my chin off of the ground, I was that astonished! To this day, I still can't believe what I saw. Worse than Pop Warner, IMO. And Trent sounds just like his former coach in that interview and that can not be good.

so what you're saying is that he never had a real coach. If Trent CAN be fixed and what you're saying is true, then it seems that just lighting a fire under him with some form of punishment every time he is "sacked" in practice for waiting too long should be able to help him play better

Not sure what clip you're watching, but the ball is snapped at 0:15 of the video, and the defenders dont get to him until 0:18-0:19. He's easily got 3.5 seconds to throw, but he simply does nothing. Trent sucks, turtles at any sign of pressure, and refuses to throw the ball unless a WR is wide open. There's no reason to believe he'll ever get any better.

And there's no arguing about the video clip. He's got at least 3.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. Its called counting.

3.5 seconds, you say? It seems like I've heard that number before. . . .

But all kidding aside, I think that there's very little chance of Edwards ever becoming more than just a below-average QB. I secretly hope the Bills draft Clausen.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...nt-on-2010.html

"I think first and foremost I needed to stay healthy. I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid. There were some games that didn’t go the way we needed to. The ball didn’t bounce our way. There were plays left out on the field. It’s tough. Football’s a team sport. Obviously the quarterback’s the one they’re going to look at to put the blame on. Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that. Looking back on it injuries were something I needed to change and hopefully I can physically maintain myself next year."

Yup.. Injuries were all he needed to change last year.....

Argue all you want about the football stuff but can we at least all agree to never call Trent smart again? He uses the word "obviously" in every sentence and has yet to utter an original thought in six seasons in Buffalo. I think the time limit is up for proof of him being "cerebral".

If I didn't know better I'd swear Stanford was in Canada.

Argue all you want about the football stuff but can we at least all agree to never call Trent smart again? He uses the word "obviously" in every sentence and has yet to utter an original thought in six seasons in Buffalo. I think the time limit is up for proof of him being "cerebral".

If I didn't know better I'd swear Stanford was in Canada.

so says the man who can't spell crayonz. crayonz. crayonz. crap. now i'm doing it.

i'd bet the Stanford guy has some smarts.

Just because trent's public speaking skills are poor (him saying "obviously" a lot) doesn't mean he isn't smart. A lot of very smart people aren't good speakers.

I didn't read a lot of the 2nd and 3rd pages, but what really bothered me was when he said "i don't care if a coach says something bad about me" or something like that. I forget the exact wording, but that is how it came out. I mean, if there is one person he should be listening and taking criticism from, it is from the coach. So that really stuck out to me. I don't know if that is how he meant it (probably not, but who knows) but him saying it like that did bother me. I think it is great that he says he will keep his confidence, but him saying it like that did bother me a bit.

I happened to LOVE what Edwards said...the biggest beefs with him was his confidence and I think while he held back a lot...he hinted to NOT being the problem...sounds like confidence to me...he was diplomatic about it...like saying too many people were contradicting what needed to be done on the field from the former coaching staff and when he relays the information to the other players...he looks like a dummy when the coaches say something different to someone else...I liked that he said F u to his haters as well...

He talked about taking hits he should have avoided...which would be nice...and he talked about his horrible fall apart line without throwing them completely under the bus...

He sure sounded FAR more confident in taking the starting job than Fitzy...GO BILLS GO TE

People are pathetic... if you have a problem with anything Edwards said today, you are just being an !@#$, for the sake of being an !@#$.

He didn't actually say anything at all.

Obviously when I woke up this morning I was hungry because obviously I hadn't eaten since dinner. I obviously went downstairs and opened up the cabinet obviously. I saw a box of corn flakes in there so I obviously picked it up and then got a bowl from the next cabinet over. Obviously on my way to the fridge I grabbed a spoon so I could save time. I obviously grabbed the milk and some orange juice too but just before I poured the milk I noticed it was expired.

I obviously needed to go to the store and get some more milk so obviously I grabbed my keys and wallet. I noticed my wallet was empty so obviously I went over to my office where I keep a few bucks in the desk. I obviously saw my framed Stanford diploma when I walked past the desk and obviously I was proud.

Obviously when I woke up this morning I was hungry because obviously I hadn't eaten since dinner. I obviously went downstairs and opened up the cabinet obviously. I saw a box of corn flakes in there so I obviously picked it up and then got a bowl from the next cabinet over. Obviously on my way to the fridge I grabbed a spoon so I could save time. I obviously grabbed the milk and some orange juice too but just before I poured the milk I noticed it was expired.

I obviously needed to go to the store and get some more milk so obviously I grabbed my keys and wallet. I noticed my wallet was empty so obviously I went over to my office where I keep a few bucks in the desk. I obviously saw my framed Stanford diploma when I walked past the desk and obviously I was proud.

i think it's totally fair to despise a guy for this type of speech pattern. i knew this guy who stuttered in high school---we ran his ass right out of town, and that was before myspace.

i think it's totally fair to despise a guy for this type of speech pattern. i knew this guy who stuttered in high school---we ran his ass right out of town, and that was before myspace.

Obviously you were jerks to treat someone who stutters so harshly. Children can be immature so don't be so hard on yourself and obviously reflect on your mistakes so you don't make them again.

Obviously no one said anything about despising Edwards but obviously his Stanford diploma was obviously "earned" because he was on the football team. Obvioulsy teachers looked the other way. We should obviously not keep calling him smart any more than saying the emperor is wearing some obviously fancy duds.

You obviously need to talk to the media a lot when you are a QB in the NFL so you obviously may want to work on your speaking skills. Obvioulsy this skill has to be in balance with other and more important QB skills which Edwards obvioulsy lacks. So overall I would say that Edwards skills are obviously in balance, just not good enough.

So, in other words, he does what you do, in most of your posts, rambling on about nothing, getting your jollies using lots of words, taking up lots of space, but saying nothing of any substance. I know you are bright, and can make sense, but you are under the impression that your nonsense is enjoyabele...maybe Trent is playing the same game... If that makes him so despicable, why not put Edwards on "ignore"?:rolleyes:

So, in other words, he does what you do, in most of your posts, rambling on about nothing, getting your jollies using lots of words, taking up lots of space, but saying nothing of any substance. I know you are bright, and can make sense, but you are under the impression that your nonsense is enjoyabele...maybe Trent is playing the same game... If that makes him so despicable, why not put Edwards on "ignore"?:rolleyes:

Bad coffee this morning? :D

Edwards is the man...I don't care what anyone on ESPN says...I don't care what none of these no talent fans say...Edwards is the number one QB on this roster and if they don't trade for D Mac...there isn't a guy in the draft that will beat him out and he will remain the number one QB on the roster...he will be afforded another year of development and he will give the Bills all the reason in world to address another different need in next years draft becuase Trent can play...period...you will all see what I mean next season...

I mean if the guy doesn't say anything crazy, he's too calm and not confident...if he ghost rides the injury cart, he's too crazy...it's just the prototypical nobody is worth anything on the Bills roster because we didn't make the playoffs

Edwards is the man...I don't care what anyone on ESPN says...I don't care what none of these no talent fans say...Edwards is the number one QB on this roster and if they don't trade for D Mac...there isn't a guy in the draft that will beat him out and he will remain the number one QB on the roster...he will be afforded another year of development and he will give the Bills all the reason in world to address another different need in next years draft becuase Trent can play...period...you will all see what I mean next season...

I mean if the guy doesn't say anything crazy, he's too calm and not confident...if he ghost rides the injury cart, he's too crazy...it's just the prototypical nobody is worth anything on the Bills roster because we didn't make the playoffs

No, it's his inability to make a play. Ok line sucks, guess what, other QB's make plays in the face of pressure. It's his unwillingness to throw into tight areas. If he manned up and played the game with a little bit of recklessness and took some chances, then he would have the credibility that we wouldn't bash his comments. But he plays like he speaks and he speaks like he plays. With a fresh start being out from underneath the emotionless umbrella that Jauron forced on this team, he had the opportunity to say FTW it's game time now. Unfortunately, all we got were more careful, tempered comments.