Tradedown Partners

Astrobot

In figuring out who might want to trade up for our #9 pick, I needed to know what each team needs early. I used DraftTek's Positional Needs chart that every analyst refreshes each week. I've listed these below:

GREATEST NEEDS (greatest one(s) listed first):

ARI -- ILB or OLB

ATL -- OLB43 or DE43

BAL -- CB then DE34

CAR -- WR, QB, DT43 or DE43

CHI -- OG, FS, OT

CIN -- TE, DE43, OLB43, FS/SS

CLE --QB, OLB43, CB, FS/SS

DAL -- OT

DEN -- ILB, WR, OC

DET -- RB, OG, OT, OLB34, FS/SS, CB

GB -- OLB34, CB, OT

HOU -- OG, CB

IND -- OG, OC, DT43, OLB43, ILB, CB

JAX -- SS, CB, WR

KC --- OT, OG, OC, DT34, ILB, SS

MIA -- DT34, OLB34, FS, WR

MIN -- CB, QB, RB, OT, OG

NE --- WR, TE, TE, DE34, OLB34, ILB

NO --- DT43, DE43, OLB43, ILB

NYG -- ILB

NYJ -- OLB34, FS, OG, WR

OAK -- OT, OG, QB

PHI -- FS, DE43, OLB43, CB, OG, OC

PIT -- DT34, OLB34, OT, OG, OC

SD --- RB, OT, DT34, ILB, CB

SF --- OT, FS/SS, CB

SEA -- DE43, QB

STL -- QB, WR, WR, DE43, OLB43

TB -- -DT43, DE43, WR

TEN -- CB, ILB, WR, OC,

WAS -- OT, OG

Then I simulated the draft down to our pick.

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School

1 1 St Louis Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

1 2 Detroit Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska

1 3 Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma

1 4 Washington Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

1 5 Kansas City Eric Berry SS Tennessee

1 6 Seattle C.J. Spiller RBC Clemson

1 7 Cleveland Joe Haden CB Florida

1 8 Oakland Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

1 9 Buffalo

Not picked yet were OT Bryan Bulaga and Trent Williams; OLB's Rolando McClain, Brandon Graham, and Sean Weatherspoon; WR Dez Bryant; FS Taylor Mays; DE43's Derrick Morgan and Jason Pierre-Paul; CB Devin McCourty and Kyle Wilson; and DT34 Dan Williams.

Who would want to leapfrog whom?

Who Won't:

#10. JAX won't trade with us unless it's in the 2nd for Tebow. Hence the possible Tebow posturing the Bills are doing.

#12. MIA wants an OLB34 but will get either Graham or McClain by just staying put.

#13. SF wants an OT but so do we--they take FS their second choice, or they've already traded up before our pick.

Anyone below #24 ---to expensive a trade-up

Who Might Trade Up and Why:

#11. DEN needs a WR and so does JAX. DEN can have our #9 if they want Dez Bryant. We'd get their 4th and 6th.

#16. TEN wants choice of DE43 (Morgan over JPP) and needs to leapfrog DE team Seattle, or to grab McClain before MIA.

#18. PIT wants in on the OLB action and needs to leapfrog MIA. It would cost their 2nd rounder, or a 3rd and a player.

#23. GB wants OT and 2 are available at #9 (let's say, Campbell and Bulaga). It would cost two 2nd RD picks.

Let's say Clausen fell to us, and Bulaga and Campbell are there. Trent Williams is there.

Do you think Nix might at least consider a trade before his nap?

:thumbsup:

I think the best chance for a trade down is for Claussen to make it to 9 and someone really wants him. If not the depth of the draft works against a trade down scenerio

I don't know about you but I am starting to think the worthwhile left tackles will be gone ,leaving buddy with a very tough choice .

Let's say Clausen fell to us, and Bulaga and Campbell are there. Trent Williams is there.

Do you think Nix might at least consider a trade before his nap?

:thumbsup:

I'm really afraid of this scenario...I fear that Nix/Gailey and Co. might be tempted to draft Clausen!