Boehiem, Basketball Writers Association Coach of the Year

The Poojer

Awesome for him and I believe it's his first one. I never was really a big fan of his because he seemed like such a grumpy B@stard. But he seems like he has mellowed a lot and his numbers are pretty amazing when you look at them. He is a borderline great coach.

Awesome for him and I believe it's his first one. I never was really a big fan of his because he seemed like such a grumpy B@stard. But he seems like he has mellowed a lot and his numbers are pretty amazing when you look at them. He is a borderline great coach.

He's a whiney, pretentious a-hole, I can't stand him.

But he sure knows his hoops and has a gift for recruiting. Good for him, he earned it this year.

I love when windbags like Bob Knight criticize him for playing zone, like he's cheating or something. When that Syracuse zone is clicking and fluid, it looks like a spider web and is fun to watch. Most coaches that criticize zone don't know how to design a good one. Boeheim's ability to succeed with different players in that defense year after year is a testament to his ability as a coach.

He's a whiney, pretentious a-hole, I can't stand him.

But he sure knows his hoops and has a gift for recruiting. Good for him, he earned it this year.

I love when windbags like Bob Knight criticize him for playing zone, like he's cheating or something. When that Syracuse zone is clicking and fluid, it looks like a spider web and is fun to watch. Most coaches that criticize zone don't know how to design a good one. Boeheim's ability to succeed with different players in that defense year after year is a testament to his ability as a coach.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4930732

Bobby Knight and Jim Boeheim explain the 2-3 zone. If someone is always dissing the zone its Doug Goettlieb. I don't know why he has a job on espn.