Breaking Bad

/dev/null

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another riveting hour of television...AMC has saved Sunday nights for me, with "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad". Nothing better on the tube, since "The Sopranos" faded to black...

I am getting the feeling that this is going to be a very dark season...as if the others weren't. Jesse seems to have gotten the wrong message from his stint in re-hab, and Walt is in ridiculous denial...my favorite scene was Walt meeting with the "chicken guy"...that is not going to turn out well... I don't see that anything will. For the first two seasons, Jesse seemed like the "dumber" guy of the dumb and dumber duo...but, Walt is dumb to a sublime degree....great stuff...

Another riveting hour of television...AMC has saved Sunday nights for me, with "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad". Nothing better on the tube, since "The Sopranos" faded to black...

I am getting the feeling that this is going to be a very dark season...as if the others weren't. Jesse seems to have gotten the wrong message from his stint in re-hab, and Walt is in ridiculous denial...my favorite scene was Walt meeting with the "chicken guy"...that is not going to turn out well... I don't see that anything will. For the first two seasons, Jesse seemed like the "dumber" guy of the dumb and dumber duo...but, Walt is dumb to a sublime degree....great stuff...

Walt's attempt to ignore his guilt by pushing the blame for the plane crash on the government? it's 1960s technology...and tied for the 50th worst plane crash, not bad. This is going to be an intense season. Already see the seeds of a Jesse/Walt role reversal. Plus a re-run of Mad Men season 3 afterward? Good two hours of tv

Wouldn't go that far. Wouldn't even go far enough to call it the best show on TV right now, which is Sons of Anarchy :beer:

But Breaking Bad isn't far behind

"Mad Men" vs "Breaking Bad" right now...

"Sopranos" best all time...

From a personal standpoint, "Breaking Bad" has surpassed "The Sopranos." This show has had a hold on me since I watched the premiere in January 2008. It's so engrossing.

I dunno... "The Sopranos" is like an epic novel...it touches on so many aspects of human nature, and the state of man, I am not sure if anything could ever surpass it for me... but "Breaking Bad" is damn fine...

I dunno... "The Sopranos" is like an epic novel...it touches on so many aspects of human nature, and the state of man, I am not sure if anything could ever surpass it for me... but "Breaking Bad" is damn fine...

you know, I never really got that into Sopranos (although I freely admit to thinking the final episode was one of the best things I've ever seen). I keep meaning to give it another chance, but haven't really gotten around to it.

Mad Men is probably the best show going, for my money

The Wire/Homicide/Mystery Science Theater 3000 all fight for the title of greatest of all time

you know, I never really got that into Sopranos (although I freely admit to thinking the final episode was one of the best things I've ever seen). I keep meaning to give it another chance, but haven't really gotten around to it.

Mad Men is probably the best show going, for my money

The Wire/Homicide/Mystery Science Theater 3000 all fight for the title of greatest of all time

You gotta do it man... I have been itching to watch it from beginning to end, again, but I want to savor it... love The Wire, and MST as well...but never saw Homicide...

WOW! Just got done watching the second episode of the season...what an intense ending...I guess Odenkirk's "bit role" is going to be major... Walt is losing his ****! Loved Jesse's slight of hand with his parents! Great stuff!

So, after ruminating about the last sequence, I am wondering...

the bald guy (not Walt) goes to the Whites house to install a microphone...Walt shows up, he aborts his mission...and then the Cousins show up, presumably to kill someone. Are they there to kill Walt, or Skyler?

The reason I ask, the bald guy, we thought, was working for Saul (Odenkirk). Earlier in the episode, Saul calls him and tells him "we may have a wife problem". When the bald dude sees the Cousins show up, he doesn't call Saul to tell him what is going on, but he calls the Pollo (chicken) man, who, we presume, tells the Cousins to abort the hit.

Why would he do that, unless he was intending for them to kill someone other than Walt? It would seem that the bald guy, is working for Saul and he Pollo guy...are they all working together? Why would the bald dude and the Cousins show up at the same time, if they were all working toward the same thing? Why do the cousins have to go to talk to Tucos' uncle in the nursing home to find out the id of Heizenberg? Doesn't Pollo man already know this? I think this all going to be very convoluted...

I need to know...can't wait till next Sunday!