What about a trade with Houston at 20

I think ur going to see teams value those seond round picks this year like first rounders. Ive heard and read a lot of people say that this is the best second round talent we have seen in years. The top end of the draft this year isnt outstanding but the depth is very good.

BINGO!

Not only is this draft deep in depth players, the more second rounders you gather, the better the odds of finding a daimond in the rough or two.

The Bills are projected to finish in the bottom 10 again next season. Lets see how this next draft class projects. If the organization plays its cards right this up coming season, we could be looking at the following:

2010 draft

Potential Franchise OT or even 2 of them if they play there cards right.

Potential D line and Linebacker core solid depth players and starters.

Potential deep depth young WR talent.

2011 draft

Potential Franchise QB.

Potential Franchise RB.

Potential Secondary depth.

2011 we begin to come out of the hole. A trade with some of that depth talent and draft picks for 2012 could bring the final piece.

2012 draft and/or trade.

Potential Franchise DE and Potential Franchise WR.

2012 Season this young, raw talent becomes to build their chemistry.

2013 the organization is a vibrant, competitive franchise again.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think that based on the draft chart value we would have to give up a late round pick like one of our 6ths to make that trade happen. But I don't know if the Texans would make that trade to take Spiller or Hayden. Most teams feel like they can approximate the players value with the later pick and still add other pieces with their late picks.

If I am the Texans I feel like I can get a corner at pick 20 and a RB with their second round pick. So why fill one need with a great player (Spiller and Hayden are at the top of the draft at their positions) when you can fill 2 needs with good players (Probably the 2nd or 3rd best corner and the 3-5th best RB) and save a mid round pick to add another player to the roster.

I think that no one really wants to trade up anymore unless a team just falls in love with a player badly (Mark Sanchez and Everett Brown last year). I would love for us to advertise how much we would love to take Tebow in the second and pick up some picks from Jacksonville in a trade down (An extra 3rd or 4th).

This is a big man draft and if we can do anything to get more of them with more picks DO IT...next year QB if we still need it...and we already have a Franchise RB...Jackson and Lynch is a more than capable split time beast RB...our running game wasn't terrible as far as YPC and you can't fault over all yardage on the backs when they aren't calling more than 15 runs a game...YPC was above four for Jackson, but slightly over three for Lynch...so that's plenty in my book (jackson)

This is a big man draft and if we can do anything to get more of them with more picks DO IT...next year QB if we still need it...and we already have a Franchise RB...Jackson and Lynch is a more than capable split time beast RB...our running game wasn't terrible as far as YPC and you can't fault over all yardage on the backs when they aren't calling more than 15 runs a game...YPC was above four for Jackson, but slightly over three for Lynch...so that's plenty in my book (jackson)

The Golden Rule of the Draft: Never pass up a franchise QB unless you have one on the roster.

You know what they say about assuming there'll be a QB available next year ... it makes an ass of u and me.

Ehh. I dunno. Who would we take at 20? I don't think the Bills are in a position to trade back as far as 20, only to get a late 2nd round pick. The late 4th round pick is not a big deal either. Bills have a top 10 pick. I think a 2nd and 3rd rounder at the least .

What, the Bills have holes everywhere. You want one guy at #9 instead someone at 20, with 2 additional players to follow?

This is one of the deepest drafts in years and there a solid players drafted all over the place. We missed at #11 last year and hit with the next 3 in the 1st and 2nd round.

If this deal was offered I would do it, then I'd try to trade down from #20 as well.