Rolando McClain

Estro

McClain is the best ILB in the draft, and that position turns out regulars. There aren't many vernon gholston stories, they usually make an impact.

That said, with the signing of Andra Davis plus Poz and Mitchell, drafting him at 9 over a DT or an LT is the wrong thing to do. I wanted McClain earlier, but we have more pressing needs.

The guy never has been worthy of #9. He is a major arm tackler and gets caught up in the wash in college. What do you think is gonna happen in the pros?

You have just described Poz so he should fit right in.

I am a huge McClain fan and as much as I would like to see him in a Bills uniform,

I dont think they are leaning that way... it would make too much sense.

I think they will trade down for more picks if the deal is there.

Don't be surprised if they go for a skill position at 9.

How did Josh Reed win the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver?

Here are the Butkus Award Winners...plenty of hits...and misses.

I agree with you completely. My point is that a Butkus winner is not a high, arm tackler.

I disagree with this type of rationalization. If the guy is going to be a solid pro-bowl player worthy of pick in the 2d half of the first round, than he is worth taking at #9.

IMO there is waaay too much emphasis on 'where he should be drafted' thinking when it comes to player evaluatoin.

Agreed that McClain is not a top 10 pick but he will have a more of an impact then Maybin ever will.

I disagree with this type of rationalization. If the guy is going to be a solid pro-bowl player worthy of pick in the 2d half of the first round, than he is worth taking at #9.

IMO there is waaay too much emphasis on 'where he should be drafted' thinking when it comes to player evaluatoin.

The rationalization is the Bills and many teams will probably have 15-20 guys rated higher than McClain on the board so why take him at #9. I don't agree with taking a guy you have rated #18 with the #9 pick because you're basically bypassing 9 players that your entire front office have deemed more valuable than they guy you're picking.

McClain is decent and has a chance to be a solid Pro Bowl player down the line, but I'm sure the Bills feel that all the players they have rated above him also have a shot at being Pro Bowl type players. No one will know what the Bills board looks like, but I really would be shocked to learn if they had him in the top 15. The film on this guy is not overly impressive IMO.

You have just described Poz so he should fit right in.

I am a huge McClain fan and as much as I would like to see him in a Bills uniform,

I dont think they are leaning that way... it would make too much sense.

I think they will trade down for more picks if the deal is there.

Don't be surprised if they go for a skill position at 9.

Agree with you. On second thought...Yeah let's take a guy.. Dan Williams who is just a guy, instead of an incredibley large instinctive future pro bowl linebacker. Some of these people on this board are amazing. It really is okay to have just a few studs on our team :rolleyes: