Left Tackles

dailar

This a pretty good year for OTs but obviously OTs that go later are going later for a reason- less upside, more risk, less college production, lower measureables, questionable intangibles.

AS for the OT.

1.Okung -has done nothing to hurt his #1 rating

2. Bulaga- some say he's dropping but I think it's more of a case that other players are rising, I think he's still the #2 OT but any discovered flaw real or imagined before the draft and he swaps places with Williams

3. Campbell- is he rated #3 by the NFL? I don't know but I think he will be the 3rd OT taken at 8 by the raiders

4. Williams coming into the season he was 1a with Okung but a rough start knocked him down to 5 or 6- he is moving back up by killing it at the combine and pro day and providing a plausible explanation for his early struggles.

5. Davis- has cost himself millions of dollars with a sub par combine and a pro day no show- scouts are not happy when the only player you are coming to see no shows- his agent doesn't sound too on the ball either if your client isn't going to work out you don't have the scouts waiting there and then tell them your client has a hamstring and a virus and isn't going to workout- the guy could slip out of the first round.

6. Brown- if he comes to his pro day at 305+ and shows he's still athletic at that weight he could jump up even as high as #2 - sounds shocking but he really has some of the best LT credentials and if he can ease concerns about weight strength issues he's going to really jump up.

The Bills handled the Peters situation correctly. His eating-up $10M/year for the Bills wouldn't have led to them making the playoffs, just like his presence on the Eagles didn't lead to them making the playoffs, although it had a hand in them making an early exit from them.

you are absolutely correct.

the $9 mil they spent on Lee Evans was so much better spent money since he got to watch his QB planted into the ground or throw checkdowns as he ran for his life

Using a super cheap low round draft pick like Bell or a previously cut turd like Chambers at LT is a much sounder strategy for developing offensive consistency

you are absolutely correct.

the $9 mil they spent on Lee Evans was so much better spent money since he got to watch his QB planted into the ground or throw checkdowns as he ran for his life

I guess you slept through the 2008 season. Good morning!

Using a super cheap low round draft pick like Bell or a previously cut turd like Chambers at LT is a much sounder strategy for developing offensive consistency

Yes, why develop players? Like say, an undrafted college TE? :thumbsup: