• Animals
    • The Wall
    • The Final Cut
    • Works
    • A Momentary Lapse of Reason
    • other

Gilmour's best solo was on "Comfortably Numb" from The Wall

^This^

I voted 'The Wall' if only for "Comfortably Numb" and the fact that a friend of mine loved Floyd and loved the movie (he was not high, either). I haven't listened to many of their albums (Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of course) but I do like "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" and "On the Turning Away" off some of the albums.

Would really like to see them get together and tour even though Richard Wright (and Syd) has passed away. I got a kick out of their Live 8 reunion performance.

I have always been a big fan of Animals and Wish You were Here

Me too, but Dark Side of the Moon is the best overall, IMO.

I really don't like The Wall much at all, although Comfortably Numb is terrific, and there are a few decent songs. Another Brick in the Wall is horrendous enough to disqualify that as the best album, though. Maybe if they had gassed the kids before recording it wouldn't grate on me so much.

BTW, kudos to the big Pink for winning their lawsuit against EMI:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

Dark Side ... just the most balanced one of them.

Wish You Were was a good bluesy album, but it has some low points.

Gilmour's best solo was on "Comfortably Numb" from The Wall

I'd go Final Cut but Dark Side is a very, very close second. The first 3/4 of FC is awesome. I can do without "Not now John" and "Two suns in the sunset" though.

For me the best Gilmour guitar solo is on the "Final Cut"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFjvQaj4mk

Me too, but Dark Side of the Moon is the best overall, IMO.

I really don't like The Wall much at all, although Comfortably Numb is terrific, and there are a few decent songs. Another Brick in the Wall is horrendous enough to disqualify that as the best album, though. Maybe if they had gassed the kids before recording it wouldn't grate on me so much.

BTW, kudos to the big Pink for winning their lawsuit against EMI:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

whew, good thing i downloaded Numb from itunes a few days ago ... snuck it in! :devil:

You probably think Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are Fleetwood Mac, too.

:devil:

IMO, the most indispensable member, after Peter Green, is Christine McVie. She is the most consistent song writer over all the years since Green left. The albums she's not on are really wanting. Second would be Fleetwood. JMO

What Pink Floyd album without Waters is any good?

I figured Dark Side would get the most play, but in my mind, Animals is the ultimate Pink Floyd album. It just isn't even close.

The best guitar work EVER by David Gilmour and the most inspired lyrics of any Floyd song on "Dogs". Just a fantastic album start to finish.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

He makes me down to lie

Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by

With bright knives he releaseth my soul

He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places

He converteth me to lamb cutlets

For lo, he hath great power and great hunger

When cometh the day we lowly ones

Through quiet reflection and great dedication

Master the art of karate

Lo, we shall rise up

And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water...

I have to say I find all the post-Syd albums to be boring, overblown and pretentious

Syd solo is even more amazing--Madcap Laughs? Forget about it. Amazing.

PF rockumentarty was outstanding. I remember the part where Waters talked about Syd teaching him how to compose. That the parts he thought were silly, actually made the song. And of course the time after Syd had left the band, where he showed up at a PF recording session with his head completed shaved -- eye brows and everything -- and didn't say anything. LOL

Anyway, I think the reality is the later Floyd was better, but w/o Syd teaching Waters how to compose there'd never been a later Floyd.

But I know you're a Echo and the Bunnymen fan ... so Im not surprised you like Syd-era better. Who's to say who's right or wrong? All subjective at end of day