Seattle/Bills preview

Pete

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor.../ten/2004week12

Buffalo Bills at Seattle Seahawks: The Bills have won four of their past six games after an 0-4 start, but they haven't won a road game this year. They know they are hitting the Seahawks at the right time. A knee surgery to Chad Brown and a wrist operation to Anthony Simmons leaves the defense without their best two linebackers. The receiving corps is down wide receiver Koren Robinson for the next four games because of a drug suspension. Right tackle Chris Terry is in Mike Holmgren's doghouse and didn't even play last week. The Seahawks played poorly against the Dolphins but won thanks to a dumb interception by A.J. Feeley. Seahawks defensive coordinator Ray Rhodes does have defensive end Grant Wistrom back to help the pass rush, and everyone knows Drew Bledsoe struggles against a good pass rush. The Rams didn't pressure him last week and Bledsoe picked the Rams defense apart. There is an emotional tie for Bledsoe, who played across the state at Washington State. He knows his starting days in Buffalo might be numbered, so he wants to use this rare return to his homestate as a springboard for next year.

I don't like that this game means more to Bledsoe than usual (through the hometown connection). It seems everytime he gets jacked up to play a game that means more to him*, he fuggs it up.

The man does not need any extra pressure or excitement.

*See vs./at New England

I don't like that this game means more to Bledsoe than usual (through the hometown connection). It seems everytime he gets jacked up to play a game that means more to him*, he fuggs it up.

The man does not need any extra pressure or excitement.

*See vs./at New England

134633[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with that. When I watched the preview to the game vs. the Pats and they had him talking about how he marks his calendar for the game in Foxboro, I'm thinking to myself: If I were you, Drew, I'd be marking that date, too. And coming down with a bad cold the day before.

Drew going back to Walla Walla is, in all likelihood, all they can write about with this game. I'd be willing to bet it means very little to him personally and emotionally.

If it does, we're screwed.