Dexter Davis

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dexter-davis?id=496774

Davis is a projection from defensive end to the outside backer position. All indications are that he would fit well in a 3-4 defensive scheme utilizing his pass rush ability most often. Davis has a powerful initial jolt and uses his hands well to control and leverage defenders. He can be stout verse the run as well as showing versatility pressuring the quarterback off the edge.

Davis really has the look of a 3-4 outside linebacker. Is a good combination of size, strength and toughness necessary to jolt blockers and hold up at the point of attack. Possesses impressive pass rush ability because of his power and good get-off. Displays nice hand use against the run and pass. Intelligent player with a ton of starting experience.

Now, being an ASU fan and having the "Sports Package" on Time Warner, I watched every Sun Devils game this year on the Pac-10 Network. I also have family (2 cousins) that live in Tempe and attend every home game. My (male) cousin works at ASU too...So, needless to say, I have some decent knowledge of Davis and I think this kid is the next Elvis Dumervil. I would love for the Bills to scoop him up in the 3rd or 4th round to play OLB in our new 3-4 scheme.

Anybody else have any thoughts, comments or opinions on Dexter Davis?

Davis is a projection from defensive end to the outside backer position. All indications are that he would fit well in a 3-4 defensive scheme utilizing his pass rush ability most often. Davis has a powerful initial jolt and uses his hands well to control and leverage defenders. He can be stout verse the run as well as showing versatility pressuring the quarterback off the edge.

Davis really has the look of a 3-4 outside linebacker. Is a good combination of size, strength and toughness necessary to jolt blockers and hold up at the point of attack. Possesses impressive pass rush ability because of his power and good get-off. Displays nice hand use against the run and pass. Intelligent player with a ton of starting experience.

Now, being an ASU fan and having the "Sports Package" on Time Warner, I watched every Sun Devils game this year on the Pac-10 Network. I also have family (2 cousins) that live in Tempe and attend every home game. My (male) cousin works at ASU too...So, needless to say, I have some decent knowledge of Davis and I think this kid is the next Elvis Dumervil. I would love for the Bills to scoop him up in the 3rd or 4th round to play OLB in our new 3-4 scheme.

Stay in riverside buddies from buffalo live in scottsdale went to asu usc game this year he's a beastie!

Personally, I've never heard of the guy before. But this article speaks highly of him so I wouldn't mind at all if the Bills at least took a look at him. If Schobel retires and we can't sign a decent OLB in FA, OLB will be a priority in the draft for sure and this guys sounds like he would fit in well with our needs.

One of the Sun Devils' most consistent defenders and most dangerous pass-rushers over his four-year career...started all 50 games of his ASU career, the most starts by any player in school history...ranks as one of the top defensive ends in school history...departs ASU ranked third in school history with 31.0 career sacks (minus 208 yards), behind only Terrell Suggs (44.0) and Shante Carver (41.0)...finished in the top three in sacks in the Pacific-10 Conference as a sophomore and junior...totaled 136 tackles (85 solo), 45.0 tackles for loss (minus 248 yards) and 10 forced fumbles in his four seasons at ASU...led all Pac-10 freshmen in 2006 in quarterback sacks (6.0), tackles for loss (10.5) and forced fumbles (three)...recorded the third-most sacks by an ASU freshman in school history, trailing the 10.0 sacks made by both Terrell Suggs (2000) and Shante Carver (1990).

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...s_dexter00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...&genpos=OLB

He is projected in the 7th???????? WOW, I hope we get this kid!

f

He would be good to add in say the 4th round or so. AFTER QB. LT and NT are addressed

good post....I believe this is the type of player we will be looking for in the mid rounds

This would be an appropriate place for me to air this thought that I've had for months now.

Last year it was generally agreed that adding pass rushers was one of the top two off-season priorities.

A year later, with Aaron Schobel possibly/likely retiring and no assurance that Aaron Maybin will amount to anything in the league, isn't it amazing that so few people here are clamoring for pass rush help?

Granted the O-line is our biggest priority (sorry, Darth), but edge rushers (outside linebackers in the DeMarcus Ware mold) are right up there with nose tackle in my book.

It's a passing league and teams pass more than 50% of the time. Yes run defense is important but even soft run defenses can sell out against the run on early downs to create passing situations. Moreover, most of the premier nose tackles come off the field in pass situations.

If you have no one to pressure the quarterback, what good does it do to get the offense into a 3rd and 6?

Our pass rush has been mediocre to bad for a long time and will be worse this year if we don't stock up on a few guys who can get to the quarterback.

Anyways, back to the original post, yes, anytime a good pass rusher is available at a good value, draft him.

I wanted the Bills to draft Lawrence Sidbury last year when we drafted Shawn Nelson. As fourth rounders, neither one has made an impact yet but Sidbury looked very good in limited snaps last year.

In my book pass rushers have way more value than receiving tight ends.

I like what I have read but LBs are one of the few things available via FA although they will be pricey. So you never know. I don't believe we will get a QB in 1 or 2. Maybe not even in 3, but this Skelton guy is intriguing.

Pre-FA

What I would like.

1-OT,NT

2-OT,NT

3-QB,WR,another OT

4-Skelton if no other QB if we don't think he will be around later,LB,WR,NT,DE

5-WR,LB,DE,

6,6-Best players

7-Best player

There are some trade senarios I would like.

good post....I believe this is the type of player we will be looking for in the mid rounds

Thank you!

This would be an appropriate place for me to air this thought that I've had for months now.

Last year it was generally agreed that adding pass rushers was one of the top two off-season priorities.

A year later, with Aaron Schobel possibly/likely retiring and no assurance that Aaron Maybin will amount to anything in the league, isn't it amazing that so few people here are clamoring for pass rush help?

Granted the O-line is our biggest priority (sorry, Darth), but edge rushers (outside linebackers in the DeMarcus Ware mold) are right up there with nose tackle in my book.

It's a passing league and teams pass more than 50% of the time. Yes run defense is important but even soft run defenses can sell out against the run on early downs to create passing situations. Moreover, most of the premier nose tackles come off the field in pass situations.

If you have no one to pressure the quarterback, what good does it do to get the offense into a 3rd and 6?

Our pass rush has been mediocre to bad for a long time and will be worse this year if we don't stock up on a few guys who can get to the quarterback.

Anyways, back to the original post, yes, anytime a good pass rusher is available at a good value, draft him.

I wanted the Bills to draftLawrence Sidbury last year when we drafted Shawn Nelson. As fourth rounders, neither one has made an impact yet but Sidbury looked very good in limited snaps last year.

In my book pass rushers have way more value than receiving tight ends.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...awrence+sidbury

Great minds think alike... <_<