Who really loves the game of football on the Buffalo Bills?

1billsfan

If the Bills had some kind of winning record this past decade and made at least a few trips to the playoffs, the attitude on the team with a lot of the players would be much better. After a while, players get sick of losing and want to either play somewhere else or do something different with their lives.

The Lynch hatred on this board is beyond ridiculous. Now the guy doesn't even like playing football? Pathetic thread.

I'm with you, KD. I hope he comes back and rushes for 1600 yards and leaves at the first opportunity to spite the haters. The dude is HARD to take down if he's put in a good situation. He can get three yards when it should be a loss (which has happened often with the Bills' run-blocking). He needs to hit the hole more quickly, but I think with some good coaching and blocking Lynch-Jackson could become the formidable tandem we imagined it could be.

If the Bills had some kind of winning record this past decade and made at least a few trips to the playoffs, the attitude on the team with a lot of the players would be much better. After a while, players get sick of losing and want to either play somewhere else or do something different with their lives.

I just don't buy that as an excuse. We were counting on players like McCargo, Ellis and Hardy to step it up and show they want to play and compete. I mean, you're playing in the NFL, a supposed life-long dream, and you can't even show the enthusiasm to dig and claw for a starting spot on your team? Slackers and passionless players is what they are to me.

I just don't buy that as an excuse. We were counting on players like McCargo, Ellis and Hardy to step it up and show they want to play and compete. I mean, you're playing in the NFL, a supposed life-long dream, and you can't even show the enthusiasm to dig and claw for a starting spot on your team? Slackers and passionless players is what they are to me.

There is more of a book on McCargo, but from what i could tell Ellis did well in the preseason and then was given few opportunities by the coaches. Hardy was rehabbing from injury after a first year spent learning the playbook, and then was given few opportunities by the coaches. Does Stevie Johnson suck because he was given few opportunities by the coaches this past season? Or do we just not know?

See what Chan thinks and give the ridiculous intangibles arguments a breather.

This coming draft there is no more important attribute for a prospective Buffalo pick than whether they love to play the game of football or not. We've seen Brad Butler retire early in his career, we've seen Mike Williams basically retire right after he was drafted, and we've seen players on the current roster with clear signs of not giving a "you know what"...

Here's my list of players that I think love to play the game and a list of players that have either proven they don't have the appetite for the NFL or they need to get religion real quick or get lost...

Look like they love playing football...

Byrd

Corner

Evans

Fitzpatrick

Florence

Harris

Jackson

Johnson

Kelsay

Levitre

Lindell

McGee

McKelvin

Moorman

Neslon

Owens

Posluszny

Reed

Schobel

Scott

Stroud

Williams

Wilson

Wood

Don't look like they love playing football...

Brohm (sorry, I know he just got here but his slow development is a red flag about commitment to me)

Edwards

Chambers

Denney

Ellis

Hardy

Lynch (crashed to the ground after such a promising start)

Maybin (he does get a rookie mulligan, but still makes the list until proven otherwise)

McCargo

Mitchell

Parrish

Whitner

This is just my opinion from a far away observer and I'm sure I'm wrong on a few players on both lists. But with the regime change, my hope is that there is a clear objective to only look at players who love the game. Here's to the Buffalo Bills attempt at drafting only those kind of players from this year forward.

what are you, 11? who really gives a S***???? This isnt pop warner, this is the NFL

Remember Whitner crying on TV after a tough loss? Say what you want but how can you say he doesn't love football. To me it's more about accepting being a loser. Any NFL player that isn't upset after a loss has accepted being a loser. Rumor is you couldn't tell whether the Bills won or lost in the locker room after a game last season. Ya gotta have HEART!