Mayock on O Linemen For Bills

yungmack

Couldn't find this in another thread so I'm putting it here. According to Chris Brown, this is what Mayock has to say on the O linemen in this year's draft:

Offensive tackle figures to get some long, hard consideration by Buffalo’s decision makers. When Buffalo is on the clock at nine, Okung is likely to be gone possibly going as high as four to Washington. With Kansas City at five, Seattle at six and Oakland at eight all in need of edge pass protectors, it’s hard to say who might be there for the Bills. But Mayock believes any of his top four would represent good value.

“Bulaga from Iowa is the kind of kid that would fit perfectly in Buffalo,” said Mayock. “You’re talking about a cold weather kid that’s tough and technique proficient. His technique is tremendous, he’s been coached very well. He’s a tough kid, he’s smart in both the run and pass games. I think he’s ready to start.

“I think the Davis kid from Rutgers even though he’s a junior and may be a little inconsistent, he’s got the talent to play on the left side day one. He’s supremely talented.

“Trent Williams the Oklahoma kid is probably better suited for the right side, but on tape it looks like he can play on the left side to me. I think you could plug him in. With the Bills picking ninth, those are the four guys I think have a chance to be there.”

Here's the link:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...73-ba67c1101f00

Couldn't find this in another thread so I'm putting it here. According to Chris Brown, this is what Mayock has to say on the O linemen in this year's draft:

Offensive tackle figures to get some long, hard consideration by Buffalo’s decision makers. When Buffalo is on the clock at nine, Okung is likely to be gone possibly going as high as four to Washington. With Kansas City at five, Seattle at six and Oakland at eight all in need of edge pass protectors, it’s hard to say who might be there for the Bills. But Mayock believes any of his top four would represent good value.

“Bulaga from Iowa is the kind of kid that would fit perfectly in Buffalo,” said Mayock. “You’re talking about a cold weather kid that’s tough and technique proficient. His technique is tremendous, he’s been coached very well. He’s a tough kid, he’s smart in both the run and pass games. I think he’s ready to start.

“I think the Davis kid from Rutgers even though he’s a junior and may be a little inconsistent, he’s got the talent to play on the left side day one. He’s supremely talented.

“Trent Williams the Oklahoma kid is probably better suited for the right side, but on tape it looks like he can play on the left side to me. I think you could plug him in. With the Bills picking ninth, those are the four guys I think have a chance to be there.”

Here's the link:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...73-ba67c1101f00

Of all the talk heads out there Maylock is the guy I respect the most....its a lot better then Banks saying that the bills coaches wont take a QB because they aren't going to be here long.

Im sorry that thats just BS...I think that Ralph has HIRED his last coach. This is what we will have in the rest of Ralphs lifetime.

I wont be upset if we take Bulaga (if he is there) or a QB (if one of the top two are there)

Somebody that can help this team immediately is going to be there at that 9th pick. Its amazing how bad we sucked last year to have conversations about not being able to get a blue chip player in the draft....that is supposed to BE one of the perks of sucking the year before is to have some hope of gettng a decent drafted player.

I too like Mayock but disagree with him on Williams. Williams is a 2nd round talent IMO.

I think that is Mayocks nice way of saying he is a second round talent. Im not sure how I would feel about taking him in the second. Part of me likes his potential but the other part knows he sucks.

Mayock rated Bulagua in his top 5 players overall. I REALLY hope we get Bulagua, he's like Jake Long and we would be set at LT for a decade.

Bulaga or bust.