Quickest Fix 2 Playoffs

Estelle Getty

dude, we've had this talk before, I just don't believe in sending good picks to another team for 1 aging player, especially when we dont have all the pieces in place, which we don't.

Now a UFA fine, sign somebody to be a cheap stopgap, but no trading of picks, we should be accumulating picks not sending them to other teams.

Look, I persnally have never seen why there is a big deal about trading Picks. What makes you thin that anyone we draft is going to be better then the pick on Mcnabb or another PROVEN player. The average liefe of our draft pick is 4 years then they go elswhere unless on the rare occasion we resign him. Typically though we are resigning the players that wouldnt be starters on other teams.

I have no problem trading a 2nd rd for Mcnabb as i had No problem trading a first in the following years draft for Bledsoe. WHt i had a problem with after Bledsoes first seasoin was getting rid of all the players that mmade up the passing game. Price/Remernsa/Larry.

I would take a proven player anyday over one who has never played a down in the NFL. ALso all this talk badly about MCnabb ell me this, How many playoffs did his team miss with him has a starter in a tough NFC East division? ZERO

How many years has he had a supporting cast? I dunno this one but cant me many. His WRS have never been any good for the most part. IF not for Westbrook probably wouldnt be much of an offense.

Maybe we dont make the promise land but I would sure bet as long as Mcnabb was our starter we wouldnt miss a year of the playoffs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is assuming that one OL, 1 DL and a QB will magically transmography the Bills into what the Patriots used to be. AND IT IS WRONG! We need 2 starting OT's, a legit starting NT and a backup and a defensive end or two. We are thin at LB and we don't know how our current secondary will work in the new scheme.

Our WR's are below average to average at best.

Like it or not, we are a rebuilding project, we aren't reloading. Build for the long term

The *successful* Bills teams have been built through the draft. Not free agency or trades for other team's aging players. This team needs consistent depth. You use free agency to fill out a roster, not as a cornerstone of the team. (the Redskins)

That formula hasn't hasn't changed. I think the urge to rush out and get the McNabbs of the world is because we've crapped the bed with drafting the past couple years. We don't trust the front office. Perhaps Nix will change that mindset.