This really wasn't a bad season IMO

daquixers

I think for this being a ROOKIE COACH season, this has been a good season (all things considering).

The main point of this thread is to just point out to you all, that I believe we had a good coach on our hands.

132770[/snapback]

Good post. I agree with a lot of what you said.

When I was talking about the Bills' chances this preseason with friends I thought this was a team with playoff talent on the roster but it would all come down to how quickly they adjusted to a rookie coach.

Let's face it, the league is not filled with first year coaches that jump right into the playoffs. I hoped that the transition wouldn't be so bad since they retained Gray and MM's system had already been used once before to replace Gilbride's. But this team looked like a very young team (considering how many vets they have) during the first 4 games of this season. That is directly linked to MM's rookie status in my opinion.

Over the past 6 games this team has really turned a corner mentally and I think a large part of that credit has to go to Mularkey. I don't think it's possible that this team could make it to the playoffs (too many AFC loses) but if they can win on Sunday I believe this team has an excellent shot at finishing 10-6. And THAT would be a great building block for next season.

There are two big negatives to this season IMHO:

First, Buffalo lost a couple early games they should have won, putting the playoffs out of reach for all practical purposes.

Second, the circumstances at QB leave me (and most everyone else) feeling up in the air. Most of us don't feel Drew Bledsoe is any kind of long term solution at QB, but we're not sure what we have in JP Losman besides a good athlete with a strong arm. Are the Bills going to try and squeeze one more season out of Drew? IMO (and most of ours) that would only be delaying the inevitable, and likely to produce more disappointments next season. I'd rather go into the offseason with more of a feel for what Losman can do than we've got so far.