Buffalo comes in at #8 of Americas 20 most miserable cities

Rayzer32

Bridgeport is horribly crime riddled.

New Haven is a giant ghetto. Yale takes up a few blocks, but other than that there is nothing to the city, but violent minorities and bums.

The traffic between Hartford to New Haven, to Bridgeport to Stamford is the worst I have ever experienced. All you have really is 95 to get anywhere. There is the Merritt, but there is no shoulder and it clogs up. If there is an accident, forget about getting anywhere for a long time. I used to have a 15 mile commute that would take at least an hour each way. It was rare if I didnt pass a horrific looking accident on any given day. People cant drive there. Lots of rich housewives with SUVs who think they are invincible on the road.

Cost of living is terrible. No tolls, but they hit you with a "tax" bill(s) for your vehicle(s) every year for hundreds of dollars. I was making a decent salary, but still had to dig myself a gigantic debt hole.

Crooked politicians

nothing to do unless you take the train for an hour to NYC (another place I hate) or drive 2 hours to Boston.

most of the people suck. For instance, most people I know from WNY have been friends with their "group" since they were very young. People in CT would just gravitate from group to group and it was rare to see friendships that were long-term. Very snobby people too. People there are miserable. A lot want to leave, but are tied down by "careers" and debt.

I spend a lot of time in New Jersey now. New Jersey gets a bad rap, but it is like the midwest compared to CT.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic