Incognito to nose tackle, what do you think?

gladiator

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

There's such a high degree of specialization in the NFL due to the elite nature of competition involved. I'm not saying that Richie is 100% incapable of playing the position...but how can we just assume he can do it because he happens to be the correct size?

If Evans gets injured next year, would we just replace him with McKelvin?

Not realy the transition to WR would be hard after all the only reason CB are not WR is because they can not catch the ball. However it would be easier for a WR to become a CB because it requires less skill examples of this are George Wilson and Troy Brown. We actually used Eric Moulds once. It is harder to play O-line than D-line especially in passing situations where the D-line dictates to the O-line which is why OTs have to fit a prototype. he has already demonstrated the ability to penetrate he is a beast at run blocking the question is can he tackle. He has to be exceptionally strong a NT always faces a double team. Its not going to mean he is going to be a probowl NT from the beginning of training camp but that is more likely than Stroud becoming our answer at LT. Anyway your comparison is more like trying to turn a D-lineman into an O-lineman which would be a rediculous but not impossible task and remember this guy is already a succesful NFL guard not a college prospect he already proved he has the mental makeup to play at this level personaly I think his makeup would suit NT just fine. Like I said before I played I not saying that it doesn't require skill but defense is based more on Athletisism and instinct. It is much easier to play a defensive position. Notice I said easier not easy.

How big of a job would it be to change Richie Incognito from offensive line to defensive line? He seems to me to have the build of a nose tackle. We all know Richie Incognito is big mean and nasty, which may be a better fit for his anger issues then the offensive side of the ball.

i think its stupid