Wow Sully gets one right

DarthICE

I don't understand the level of animosity towards a player that has always been completely loyal to his football team. I've never seen Trent Edwards point his finger at any player or coach and has backed the organization 100%. The Bills as an organization has returned Trent Edwards loyalty with shoddy protection, sub par coaching and horrible upper management. Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the Bills roster yet has the most difficult assignment.

Most players would have wanted out of Buffalo long ago, Trent Edwards on the other hand will tell us the same thing he has always told us,

"My goal is to take the Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl and bring home a Championship "

TE just hasn't produced any results. Granted, we haven't had the best protection but he has had weapons that he just didn't use. Even when he had time, he didn't take advantage of it and get the ball downfield to Evans or Owens nearly enough. Plus, whenever he threw a deep ball it just seemed like it took forever to get there. I'm not saying I would have rather had Losman, but at least he had a cannon (if only he had the accuracy)

Also, if he didn't say something like "My goal is to take the Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl and bring home a Championship" then he'd be an idiot. Anything to the contrary and he'd for sure be booking his own ticket out of town.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the level of animosity towards a player that has always been completely loyal to his football team. I've never seen Trent Edwards point his finger at any player or coach and has backed the organization 100%. The Bills as an organization has returned Trent Edwards loyalty with shoddy protection, sub par coaching and horrible upper management.

JP was treated the same way. Never said anything bad about Buffalo, the fans or the City, in fact still talks highly of his time here. So, because he is Trent he should be different ? Trent has had an excuse even while at Stanford. Bad O-line, Bad play calling, Blah-Blah-Blah. Remember last year it was the Bills didn't have a #2 receiver, now it's something else.

The Bills need an upgrade on the on-line as well as the QB pos. Drafting a lineman is a good start, but no guarantees the player doesn't become another Mike Williams. WE need a long term answer at the QB position, but if there is anyone even remotely better, you need to get him.

You play to win now, plan for the future. But to play a guy and worry about the pos down the line is a mistake. We need to stop playing from behind.

If at the end of the day that player is Trent, well so be it, but if we can get better, ya got to go get it.

No, because he is right on this subject. Edwards sucks. No OL, no coaching, no amount of WR's are going to help this clown. He had no business starting for an NFL Team in the first place. ONLY bills fans would think this guy could ever be anything.

Every QB we have had this same discussion about, got shipped out and sucked wherever he went. Same will be with Trent, Fitz and Brohm.

Like I said, because you said so. :ph34r:

Back it up, I back my opinions up.

Yea cause we were good before he took over QB... Just like the last half of the year with Fitz playing.

obviously our qb play has sucked ever since kelly retired, with a few exceptions (bledsoe for like a year, and a bit during the flutie years). we keep going after these qbs who think too much, very "cerebral" guys...that's fine if you have protection like peyton manning gets or tom brady gets. but with a crappy o-line, we need a guy who relies more on his instincts. maybe that guy won't lead us to the super bowl, but he'll at least get us back to respectability, if not the playoffs. i was really hoping that the titans would keep the kerry collins project going long enough for them to let vince young go and for us to pick him up. too bad that ship has sailed.