Trent Edwards is your QB

Buffalo 66

Regarding Trent Edwards' arm-strength, accuracy, and overall 'dweebiness', I give you Dakota Fanning's biggest fan...

Trent Edwards Arm

If anyone thinks this clown will be the Bills starting QB, they need to have their head - or their eyesight - examined by a competent medical professional.

Personally, I doubt Edwards even makes the Bills roster.

Personally I believe he was a casualty of the system/coaches and can still be a good QB. We all know that our OL needs to be improved and for once stay healthy. Hopefully Wood will be back for training camp.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you going to say when TE starts and has success this season, its a fluke? Gailey needs his head examined?

I'll say I was mistaken. But I expect Brohm will win the job, with Fitz as backup, and an inexpensive, aging vet will be signed for depth. JMO.

Or maybe Trent Edwards just needed an O-line and competent OC. I've seen you post as much yourself, what, is TE somehow exempt from what you know to be true?

No, Trent is not exempt from my verisimilitude regarding a quality O-line and competent OC - he just plain sucks, and will never last a full season in the NFL w/out injury (he has played only one full season since high school - his junior year at Stanford). Edwards may find a job in the UFL, but I expect Trentie's next job will be with Synopsys in Silicon Valley (Edwards interned there during his college days).

Trent was a serviceable NFL QB, pre-concussion. Perhaps with the right coaching, he could reach that level again. Serviceable. I'd rather go with a young guy who has more potential than just serviceable. And I like Trent. He's bright and honest. Just seems like we've hit the ceiling there.

PS: EZC, good to see the 'O' face :bag:

Personally I believe he was a casualty of the system/coaches and can still be a good QB. We all know that our OL needs to be improved and for once stay healthy. Hopefully Wood will be back for training camp.

Well if you watch the video I linked, how is it that Fanning-Fan Edwards can't throw a baseball 60 feet with any accuracy or velocity and get it even close enough to home plate for the catcher to spring from his crouch and chase it down? I mean, we're talking a 20-yard toss with no decisions as to where to throw, no defense to read, no activity down-field to decipher, and no 300 lb. linemen bearing down on him. Just a nice, easy, 20-yard toss...

Link - Trent Edwards Arm

I don't care if we put 5 All-Pro O-linemen in front that candy-ass - if that's how he throws when he's under absolutely no pressure at all, has no decisions to make, knows exactly what spot to throw to, and has all the time in the world, then he ain't gonna ever cut it in the NFL. Even Dakota Fanning throws a ball better than that. :bag:

Funny enough, the scenario is VERY similar to what we saw back in 2006, the year after TD was fired. The Bills had a new coach GM (Marv), head coach (DJ), and serious doubts about whether their annoited QB of the future (Losman), who had most recently lost his starting gig to a journeyman backup (Holcomb), was the answer. The team made a decision that throwing a hot shot rookie into the mix at that juncture was NOT the way to go. Thus, they by-passed Cutler in the draft and went with Whitner. Ironically, Losman went on to have his best year as a pro that year, passing for over 3000, taking every snap, and finishing with a decent QB rating.

Now, the question is: whose philosophy was it to NOT draft a young QB that early? It doesn't sound like it was Modrak, given that word has circulated that Modrak was very much in the corner of folks who wanted to draft Cutler. If this was from the very top (i.e. Wilson), then obviously nothing has changed, although I do get a sense (as of today) that Ralph is more willing to let Buddy and Chan do their thing. I will say that if the current decision makers are presented with an honest to goodness trade-down scenario as Marv supposedly was back in 2006, I would tend to believe that Nix would welcome the additional draft picks.

Buddy saw first hand in San Diego that drafting a QB, when the existing starter has been underwhelming (i.e. Rivers and Brees) may not be a bad move.

That is to say, that it would NOT surprise me to discover that Trent Edwards is the opening day starter -- AND the Bills make a move early in the draft to take a QB. In fact, an early QB selection probably says more about the team's opinion of Brohm than it does Edwards.

Then Marv retired again which left the Idiot Jauron to his own devices!

The very experienced line coach retired, Jim McNally (the man that developed Jason Peters from a FA into PB LT) and Jauron promotes from within...a rookie line coach...and the line went right into the ceramic convenience.

The experienced OC leaves for a HC job and Jauron promotes from within, the QB coach who had no experience running an offense and should have never been given the chance.(Where is TurK Schonert now?)

The combination of those two coaches leaving Buffalo, along with the strength and conditioning coach being worthless at his job resulted in some of the worst offensive lines in team history.

This situation might look similar to 06... but it is not. Lets hope this head coach has a brain and understands how to build an offense and O line.

Besides, if the Bills had drafted Jay Cutler what makes you think he would have done any better then JP or Trent Edwards in the crappy Buffalo offense behind center of the crappiest O line ever?

Sorry Bills fans I hate to break the news, you guys are smart right? Then you all should know Trent Edwards will be the Bills QB in 2010. Say what you want, they may draft a QB but no way they will WASTE a draft pick on a veteran when this team is rebuilding.Come on dudes wake up Trent edwards will be the Bills starting QB, I dont like it, but whatever, Im just pulling for the Sabres, actually Im pulling for team USA and Ryan Miller at the moment! Say what you want but TE will be the Bills QB in 2010 unless Sam Bradford falls to us, we draft him, and Edwards gets hurt, which is a very good possibilty

I also think that Edwards will be on this team next year, and is probably the front runner right now for starter.

But anytime somebody says "I hate to break the news ..." about something, the correct translation is "I have decided to publicly release my opinion." Unless you are actually breaking news that none of us have heard before, you are seriously confusing opinion and fact.

And further, you are mistaking the importance of your own opinion.

Sorry Bills fans I hate to break the news, you guys are smart right? Then you all should know Trent Edwards will be the Bills QB in 2010. Say what you want, they may draft a QB but no way they will WASTE a draft pick on a veteran when this team is rebuilding.Come on dudes wake up Trent edwards will be the Bills starting QB, I dont like it, but whatever, Im just pulling for the Sabres, actually Im pulling for team USA and Ryan Miller at the moment! Say what you want but TE will be the Bills QB in 2010 unless Sam Bradford falls to us, we draft him, and Edwards gets hurt, which is a very good possibilty

How soon we forget . When Trent had some thing that resembled an NFL caliber O line in 08 - 09 every body thought he was the future, put him behind a O- line that Marino , either Manning or Favre couldn't make look good and we are all ready to throw him to the wolves , what's up with that - Oh ye of little faith !! If any one can make Trent or Bromm work --Chan Can -- Go Bills !!

Sorry akbillsfan (though i do wonder about your screen name and if you are a bills fan or not) I hate to break the news, you are a smart guy right? Then you should know that if coach gailey chooses Trent Edwards to be the Bills QB in 2010, then he will be "OUR qb" - not "your qb" as it would be put forth by not a bills fan. They may or may not draft a QB or they may use a draft pick on a veteran as this team is rebuilding - or better put retooling to provide a better on field product. Come on dude wake up Trent edwards will be the Bills starting QB if coach gailey thinks he can produce in his offense, you dont like it, but too bad. We are all pulling for the Sabres, and as i am watching the 2010 olympics as i type - i am also pulling for all of our 2010 olympians at the moment! Say what you want but TE will be the Bills QB in 2010 if coach gailey believes he can perform - period - no other agenda! think in a positive manner and life becomes much better - much easier.

Sorry akbillsfan (though i do wonder about your screen name and if you are a bills fan or not) I hate to break the news, you are a smart guy right? Then you should know that if coach gailey chooses Trent Edwards to be the Bills QB in 2010, then he will be "OUR qb" - not "your qb" as it would be put forth by not a bills fan. They may or may not draft a QB or they may use a draft pick on a veteran as this team is rebuilding - or better put retooling to provide a better on field product. Come on dude wake up Trent edwards will be the Bills starting QB if coach gailey thinks he can produce in his offense, you dont like it, but too bad. We are all pulling for the Sabres, and as i am watching the 2010 olympics as i type - i am also pulling for all of our 2010 olympians at the moment! Say what you want but TE will be the Bills QB in 2010 if coach gailey believes he can perform - period - no other agenda! think in a positive manner and life becomes much better - much easier.

Well said (although your font is a little annoying), but the original poster isn't the most mature individual that posts on this board, so don't expect too much. Maybe he should change his name to akasshat, might be more appropriate since he enjoys sending personal emails full of profanity to people that don't agree with this childish posts.