What Position(s) The Bills WON'T Draft For At #9

yungmack

I don't think the Bills will use their first round pick on a QB, LT or NT. Players at these positions tend to need a year or more of experience to be reliable and the Bills really need players who can contribute right away. So, if after reviewing all the film they can, Nix and Gailey decide they guys they need for those positions aren't on the current roster, I expect them to either trade for them or to be very aggressive in free agency. Also, the draft seems particularly weak in "franchise" QBs. They might very well use a second or third round pick on, say, Dan Lefevour. And I think they'll grab a RB somewhere along the line (Toby Gerhart's coming out, isn't he?).

While I'm not a big fan of McNabb, I could see the Bills packaging the #9 pick along with Lynch for him (Brian Westbrook looks like he's done in Philly) if Nix and Gailey don't think TE, Brohm of Fitz have the goods and don't believe any of the QBs coming out this year are "day one" starters.

I don't think Nix and Gailey are looking for anyone to be a day 1 starter. They're not looking for a quick fix...they're trying to find the best way to continue winning in the future, and if that means drafting players that might not have an immediate impact, then so be it. I can take a 3-13 season if that means we'll be making the playoffs the following year.

I don't think the Bills will use their first round pick on a QB, LT or NT. Players at these positions tend to need a year or more of experience to be reliable and the Bills really need players who can contribute right away. So, if after reviewing all the film they can, Nix and Gailey decide they guys they need for those positions aren't on the current roster, I expect them to either trade for them or to be very aggressive in free agency. Also, the draft seems particularly weak in "franchise" QBs. They might very well use a second or third round pick on, say, Dan Lefevour. And I think they'll grab a RB somewhere along the line (Toby Gerhart's coming out, isn't he?).

While I'm not a big fan of McNabb, I could see the Bills packaging the #9 pick along with Lynch for him (Brian Westbrook looks like he's done in Philly) if Nix and Gailey don't think TE, Brohm of Fitz have the goods and don't believe any of the QBs coming out this year are "day one" starters.

i agree that Westbrook may be done, but they have a more than adequate replacement for him in Lesean McCoy.....but i would still love to see the Bills get McNabb...but i don't think he'd want to come here..

Uh, I might be alone here, but I feel that is way too steep a price for McNabb.