Losman/Edwards

Losman- sucked from the beginning

Edwards- showed hope, got concussed, now probably sucks. And also can't deal with cold weather. I still hold out that he could be a viable starter in the right offense with a good O-line blocking for his frail ass

Hell, with the right offense and a good offensive line, I could be a viable starter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes some of you guys are just way too much :beer:

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line, if poor Trentie boy could only get some protection, we'd see more of that rocket-like arm and that pin-point laser accuracy...

Link - Trent Edwards' Arm

Time to face facts, Fanning-Fan Fanboys - Trent is done in the NFL. He and his Stanford roomie can now go back to waxing their bodies and watching Dakota Fanning films.

how do you guys find this stuff?

I was a huge Losman supporter due to his arm, his scrambling ability and his toughness (side note: Losman could have ran for 500 yards a season if Jauron knew how to use him. Every time he took off, he got ten yards). I held out hope longer than just about anyone I knew until I finally pulled the plug on him. I remember the game distinctly: at Jacksonville toward the end of the 2007 season. I said, that's it, this is simply not happening, this guy sucks. As much as I doubt Edwards' ability to be the guy in Buffalo, I've still never had that defining moment where I ruled him out for good. Agree? Disagree?

Its over, move on. Sometimes in life you never really find out all of the answers but you reach a point where it no longer matters.

DUH.. We have had a ****ty oline for 10 years.. no QB has succeeded. Doesn't anyone get that?

I am not making excused for Dreadwards.. just stating facts dude.

The O-line wasn't the best thats for sure. But in this day in age with roster turnover, a cap, and free agency there is no such thing as perfect surroundings for a quarterback to succeed. At some point Quarterback talent will shine through all of that regardless of the line. Look no further than Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay or Big Ben in Pittsburgh. Lets not forget that Trent and JP did have a pretty good Left Tackle protecting the blind side all those years in Jason Peters as well. Lets stop making excuses for bad Quarterbacking the last 10 years. I call that bad drafting and scouting of that position nothing else. Lets hope for a legit QB soon. In regards to the "Duh" reference, is that necessary?

Yes some of you guys are just way too much :worthy:

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line, if poor Trentie boy could only get some protection, we'd see more of that rocket-like arm and that pin-point laser accuracy...

Link - Trent Edwards' Arm

Time to face facts, Fanning-Fan Fanboys - Trent is done in the NFL. He and his Stanford roomie can now go back to waxing their bodies and watching Dakota Fanning films.

That would be a much funnier video if it was JP instead of Trent but disturbing to say the least!

We really have to overhaul the QBs this offseason. I would love to see them clear house with everyone except Brohm. We have no idea what he can really do.

I don't care how we do it, whether it's through free agency, trade or the draft, I want a fresh start. Getting rid of Edwards and Fitzpatrick will expell that bad taste in your mouth from watching our offence play this year!

BTW Senator I clicked on your Mike Leach link in your signature and watched that 60 minute piece. He is definitely a character but certainly would be an interesting experiment as an NFL head coach.

I also watched a few other YouTube interviews and I can say with utmost certainty that he will be a media circus if he got into the NFL in a HC capacity.

Losman had the physical tools, but no one ever fixed his footwork, which resulted in his terrible accuracy issues. He also never learned the position, ie making reads, and thus sucked. Edwards came in and was teh anti Losman, ie he was very accurate and made reads quickly and was ver decisive with the ball. He ended up getting worse and worse and at the end of last season was a checkdown monster and sack taker. Seeing two QBs turn into basically the same player when at the beginning of their careers they couldnt have been more different makes me think it was all the terrible coaching. Who knows how good either could have been with adequate support/teaching. Football is 85% coaching.

I agree with a lot of that, but you can't cement those changes behind a line that is horrible