Toyota and More Problems: 部3

ExiledInIllinois

"The system is designed to heat windshield washer fluid in order to better clear the vehicles' windshield on cold days..."

WTF... GM should swing for this one... Who the !@#$ needs heated windshield fluid? Don't they have the stuff that protects down to -25 (below 0 F)? :unsure::unsure:

ONLY IN !@#$ING AMERICA! :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U.S. Department of Transportation has analyzed dozens of data recorders from Toyota Motor Corp. vehicles involved in accidents blamed on sudden acceleration and found that at the time of the crashes, throttles were wide open and the brakes were not engaged, people familiar with the findings said.

The results suggest that some drivers who said their Toyota and Lexus vehicles surged out of control were mistakenly flooring the accelerator when they intended to jam on the brakes.

There's a shock. Stupid drivers caused the crashes. Pretty sure that was covered over and over in this thread.

I'm sure Congress is issuing an apology to Toyota today and the Union shills who repeated this ad nauseum will similarly back down all their absurd comments.

"The system is designed to heat windshield washer fluid in order to better clear the vehicles' windshield on cold days..."

WTF... GM should swing for this one... Who the !@#$ needs heated windshield fluid? Don't they have the stuff that protects down to -25 (below 0 F)? :nana::nana:

ONLY IN !@#$ING AMERICA! :thumbsup:

You do realize that it gets colder than -25F in some places in the US, right....?

His point was that you can use a fluid with a lower freezing temp instead of having heated fluid.

I realize that, but even the stuff that supposedly doesn't freeze until really cold temperatures still freezes up in the middle of January in Minnesota.

You do realize that it gets colder than -25F in some places in the US, right....?

Yes, not many... Why not install them as an option.

My 2006 Pacifica came with everything except engine block heater. You know why? Most places don't need them. It was -30 in Baraboo, WI last time I visited... Didn't have a block heater and my windhield didn't freeze. Again, install them as a selective option.

Anyway... Good find JA! :thumbsup::nana: I never discounted this as much as you think I did. My 1998 Isuzu had a recall and I figured out it may have been human error... The gas pedal too close to the brake... I would adjust accordingly until I took it in on the recall. The point is still to correct any confusion that may lead to driver error.

His point was that you can use a fluid with a lower freezing temp instead of having heated fluid.

True.

The lower stuff won't freeze until it gets to that temp... Which takes a longer time because the car may be warm and the area heated anyway. I would suspect that the temp would have to get down to say -40 or more before failure... Or if you had the vehicle parked a long time. Anyway, how many places actually get that cold and have that big of a vehicle market? Not many... And when it does, why not go out and start your car every 4 hour if it is outside. Also, one wouold think they had a engine block heater and pad to insulate things.

I find it sill to have such a fluid heater on every car for such a small market that can install it as an option if you lived in the upper plains, parts of Canada and AK.

Just don't be an idiot and put water in the fluid holder. Always put temp approved fluid... Even if you live in warm climates... How hard is that? Why do they even sell anything that doesn't protect to -20?

I realize that, but even the stuff that supposedly doesn't freeze until really cold temperatures still freezes up in the middle of January in Minnesota.

I know... Wind chill on the road takes it the other way... But, you can't stop it from freezing on the windshield at times. Have you ever experienced failure IN THE LINES or system? I never and I have been in temps many times that exceeded -25... Like when we go up into Wisconsin.

I know... Wind chill on the road takes it the other way... But, you can't stop it from freezing on the windshield at times. Have you ever experienced failure IN THE LINES or system? I never and I have been in temps many times that exceeded -25... Like when we go up into Wisconsin.

Yes I have, actually. Not often (half dozen times at most), and it thaws out after 15-20 minutes of driving - but it still sucks. :thumbsup:

Would I pay extra for this though? No. So you have a good point. :nana:

Just a quick Corolla corollary (sorry :thumbsup: )....did anyone here with a Toyota get the gas pedal fix last spring? My wife has a '09 Corolla so she took hers in. The people were great and friendly and fixed it right away. However, ever since the fix, the gas pedal makes a faint mechanical whirrring noise when it is depressed to a certain level. Usually happens when you have been accelerating for a bit and then you ease your foot off the gas.

There is no difference in performance...just this annoying buzz/whirr. I told her to take it back in, but she said she didn't really care enough to do it so I didn't twist her arm.

Just curious if anyone else experienced this. I did some googling back when we got it done but found nothing.