Reading Chefs thread got me thinking

_BiB_

I'm supposedly some right wing Bush backer from hell. I'm not even a Republican. I've never once gone partisan in anything I've posted. I approach issues. I've even tried to be informative, on occassion.

AD screams from the rooftops his independant status. He doesn't want either one of them.

KRC is running on his own ticket.

DC Tom is just running. Tom's about as apolitical as they come.

VA Bills is a Republican-but I don't recall ever seeing a blind platform soundbite rant.

The list goes on.

And we are the lemmings? Maybe there's something just not right about the democratic candidate...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

OK then, why label everyone who disagrees with conservative people a liberal or a lemming? That sounds like Rush to me.

It works both ways, you know! I have had the most enjoyable debate with EINILL over the past couple of hours, and we disagreed on points, but it never came to name calling or insults. That is perhaps the most dissapointing thing about the PPP board I think... all the name calling and labelling.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I think it has a lot to do with the regurgitation of soundbites or the "Yeah, buts..."

Doesn't appear as though there is much in the way of independant thought and analyisis. If you put something in black and white in front of their noses that supports what you are saying, they won't read it. Things like that. I've posted a lot of what amounts to analysis explaining my positions on things, such as a proper counter terrorism campaign. I've used supporting references. Not ONCE have I received a response as to what I wrote from "the left". They continue to pound away with the mantra rather than address the situation and the information. I find it frightening. We've talked on the side and you understand that I have more than a casual or cursory knowledge of some of these areas. If my ideas are wrong, they are wrong-but give me something besides "Kerry says so" or "Viet Nam" as a reason.

10088[/snapback]

Well, sometimes black and white sources can express a point of view that is very left or very right, and you have to discount them basically.

I find that sometimes the guys from the opposing viewpoint skip over the really thought-provoking ideas to blast away at each other on awards, death tolls, swift boat he said-he said, etc... Not once have I read anything about any kind of plans for the future from either candidate, besides 'getting tough'.

I'm just very concerned about the lack of intelligent comments, and the blind following of ideaology... it's very scary to go that route, because that's how Hitler got into power in the first place. Accepting the status quo blindly is very dangerous, and as I have said many times, we NEED to find Osama. NOW.

OK then, why label everyone who disagrees with conservative people a liberal or a lemming? That sounds like Rush to me.

It works both ways, you know! I have had the most enjoyable debate with EINILL over the past couple of hours, and we disagreed on points, but it never came to name calling or insults. That is perhaps the most dissapointing thing about the PPP board I think... all the name calling and labelling.

10085[/snapback]

I think it has a lot to do with the regurgitation of soundbites or the "Yeah, buts..."

Doesn't appear as though there is much in the way of independant thought and analyisis. If you put something in black and white in front of their noses that supports what you are saying, they won't read it. Things like that. I've posted a lot of what amounts to analysis explaining my positions on things, such as a proper counter terrorism campaign. I've used supporting references. Not ONCE have I received a response as to what I wrote from "the left". They continue to pound away with the mantra rather than address the situation and the information. I find it frightening. We've talked on the side and you understand that I have more than a casual or cursory knowledge of some of these areas. If my ideas are wrong, they are wrong-but give me something besides "Kerry says so" or "Viet Nam" as a reason. I've actually posted the National Military Strategy for the US. What I was waiting for, and never saw-is that what we are already doing is what Kerry is proposing we do. Very little difference. How the hell is that supposed to save the world in radical fashion? If this is the case-the documents are there, you can get them with a google search-what are we gaining electing him president based on defense issues? Kerry's voting record (what there is of it) is anti-defense.

If people would actually look at THE FACTS. And at least attempt to understand them, we wouldn't have as many of these petty arguments.

I'm supposedly some right wing Bush backer from hell. I'm not even a Republican. I've never once gone partisan in anything I've posted. I approach issues. I've even tried to be informative, on occassion.

AD screams from the rooftops his independant status. He doesn't want either one of them.

VA Bills is a Republican-but I don't recall ever seeing a blind platform soundbite rant.

The list goes on.

And we are the lemmings? Maybe there's something just not right about the democratic candidate...

10065[/snapback]

AD and DC are the boards Bill O'Reilly, they are as independant and apolitical as Bill

The list goes on.

10065[/snapback]

I'm sorry Paul but the term "lemmings" has been used exclusively by the rightwing, (or conservatives) on the board against liberals and the left or actually anybody that questions the right, the republican party or Mr. Bush.

The difference that I see is that, (and I'm not pointing to you or anybody else in particular), the conservatives will attack personally the poster often times rather than the substance of the post. It's effective in that it brings the discussion down to a personal level and the thread usually loses as a result. In a similar manner to the way the game is played in politics today, it really doesn't matter what the message is. The important thing is who has the better putdown, who is more agressive, etc.

I have never voted for a Republican in a national or state election.

I'm not apologizing for being (mostly) conservative.

10158[/snapback]

No one would ever ask for one, nor should you apologize for who you are. I was just responding to the way BiB paints people. I'd say 95% of your posts lean conservative.

AD and DC are the boards Bill O'Reilly,  they are as independant and apolitical as Bill

10146[/snapback]

Actually, I'm a radical Islamic mullah who absolutely hates the right. Didn't you get Boomer's memo? :)

Half the people here think I'm conservative, the other half think I'm liberal. All that really means is that half of you are stupid. Y'all are just arguing about which half...

The list goes on.

10065[/snapback]

Wow where did you ever get that I was a republican. I am morally, and fiscally conservative. Therefore I tend to vote republican. But not always. I actually about 50/50 when it comes to senators and congressmen. When it comes to local reps, I tended towards repubs, but not always, and have always voted republican for President.

We have a spineless and lazy SOB for Senator in the state (John Warner), that I am working to get replaced. I have had several discussion with several key party reps in the republican party telling them that I will finacially and vocally do things the next time he is up to get rid of him if they don't.

Our other senator, Allen, seems a little to complacent and while he votes, he has not been vocal in a lot of things, and in fact I voted against him as well.

Davis is my congresswoman and again, votes, but not a vocal leader.

All three are republicans, that I voted against either for the democrat or an independant on the ticket, the last time each ran.

My local state rep is really good, and keeps me informed, and has been very active and vocal especially after the idiots in office, decided to rape us on taxes this year. In fact he was so vocal he was asked to remove himself from the committee vote before the whole house vote. This is what I expect and demand from my reps.

Actually, I'm a radical Islamic mullah who absolutely hates the right.  Didn't you get Boomer's memo?   :)

Half the people here think I'm conservative, the other half think I'm liberal.  All that really means is that half of you are stupid.  Y'all are just arguing about which half...

10293[/snapback]

You're just my little centrist buddy. :)

The list goes on.

10065[/snapback]

BTW, what's a blind platform soundbite. I never have time to watch television and don't visit the "political" websites. What I get is from listening to the radio in the morning and afternoons, during the commute on the local "I love Kerry" station WTOP. I also read the Washington Post. Both of these are huge left leaning, very liberal media outlets. Basically they are so biased, and so screwed in their politics, I really read what is said, noting how much is BS and skewed in the story.

Actually, I'm a radical Islamic mullah who absolutely hates the right.  Didn't you get Boomer's memo?  :)

Half the people here think I'm conservative, the other half think I'm liberal.  All that really means is that half of you are stupid.  Y'all are just arguing about which half...

10293[/snapback]

Everyone on this board thinks of you all the time, is he consevative?, is he liberal?

Your the talk of TBD. If I had a nickel for every argument about your political leanings I've heard I'd never work again. Get off you high camel DC Abdullah O'Reilly

Everyone on this board thinks of you all the time, is he consevative?, is he liberal?

Your the talk of TBD. If I had a nickel for every argument about your political leanings I've heard I'd never work again. Get off you high camel DC Abdullah O'Reilly

10544[/snapback]

Yeah. Because I specifically said "Everyone here thinks of me all the time."

No, wait...I never said that at all. F'in idiot.