James Hardy and Shawn Nelson

Hardy was dismal before he got hurt. Defenses shifted their entire scheme to the inside and to Evans out of a total lack of respect for his game. They could put a backup on him man-on-man and shut him down completely. That's worse than useless. Hopefully, the kid has taken mega-leaps forward, but who'd know with him buried on the bench?

HE WAS A ROOKIE WHO WAS A PROJECT>

Dismal=trent edwards and the entire coaching scheme

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the book is out on Hardy. He struggled as most WRs do in his rookie season and pretty much lost his entire second season recovering from the knee injury. Ironically enough, his downward spiral coincided with Edwards' in the sense that Hardy was the receiver who caught that clutch 3rd down reception early in the Arizona game, when Edwards showed the cajones to hang in there and complete the pass -- only the get concussed by Wilson. As we've said ad nauseum, Edwards was never the same after that. Nor was Hardy. And, indeed, in the ill-fated Cleveland Monday nighter, it was an early interception that Edwards threw (which appeared to be Hardy's fault), which totally shot Edwards' confidence -- and likely Hardy's as well. It will be interesting to see if a competent offensive coach (which I believe Gailey is) can help Hardy rise to the next level.

Obviously the book is out on Hardy. He struggled as most WRs do in his rookie season and pretty much lost his entire second season recovering from the knee injury. Ironically enough, his downward spiral coincided with Edwards' in the sense that Hardy was the receiver who caught that clutch 3rd down reception early in the Arizona game, when Edwards showed the cajones to hang in there and complete the pass -- only the get concussed by Wilson. As we've said ad nauseum, Edwards was never the same after that. Nor was Hardy. And, indeed, in the ill-fated Cleveland Monday nighter, it was an early interception that Edwards threw (which appeared to be Hardy's fault), which totally shot Edwards' confidence -- and likely Hardy's as well. It will be interesting to see if a competent offensive coach (which I believe Gailey is) can help Hardy rise to the next level.

:lol:

I agree Hardy, Nelson AND Stevie J. could be effective receivers...but, we need to first establish that we are a POWER RUNNING team. We need to build the exterior of our offensive line, as I believe we are set in the middle with Levitre-Wood-Incognito...

...and we need a QB that can get these guys the ball. Trent Edwards and Brian Brohm show some potential, but I think it is time we start anew with Chan and Buddy's guy. Vick, Clausen, Tebow, Thigpen...whomever it is, I am instilling my trust and devotion to this "new" regime.

Until they prove their are not worth it, or are worse than the past 3 regimes...here's to the "NEW" Bills... :lol:

Agree,

And i still love your avatar. dont ever get rid of it.

It is my opinion that the talent on this team is sub-par.

Hardy, Trent, Lynch, Poz, Mitchell, Schobel, Kelsey, McGee, Whitner, Evans (as I believe that a true #1 gets open and changes defenses, which he doesnt do and thats even with TO on the other side).

I think they are all tradable, if not cutable at this point. However, I do believe that with the previous coaching regime this group of underachievers could have been much better. Chalk it up to poor coaching/training, or stupidity of not knowing when or how to get some of these guys more involved. Call it mismanagement if you will.

I find it so funny that guys like Freddy are on the roster but it takes Lynch getting in serious trouble to finally get Freddy on the field. Or why is it that we saw a ton of Stevie Johnson at the end of 08 but I dont think I saw him even one time in 09. How could they be big on this guy a year before and then have him off the radar completely in the next season?

It finally took big screw ups on returns to finally realize that Roscoe is a waste of space in the NFL. He was never even that good at returns and now his speed and abilities are declining with age he is showing his true value.

Why is it that we let go of a young and healthy Greer, but signed an aging, battered, always injured and declining McGee to a long term deal on his final year of his contract?

My point is this...

The past regime was absolutely rediculous. I honestly think that monkeys throwing poop at a board with the answers on it could have done a better job. I give my full approval with the changes that have been made. They werent all the sexiest picks for coaches and GM. But they are solid, with good coaching, analyzing careers. I believe we are much better than we were a year ago at this time and feel that this coaching staff can turn it around, and maybe even some of those players with it.

Heres to hoping our previous regime was so bad that everyone on this team is a possible superstar but was underutilized and mismanaged. :lol:

It is my opinion that the talent on this team is sub-par.

Hardy, Trent, Lynch, Poz, Mitchell, Schobel, Kelsey, McGee, Whitner, Evans (as I believe that a true #1 gets open and changes defenses, which he doesnt do and thats even with TO on the other side).

I think they are all tradable, if not cutable at this point. However, I do believe that with the previous coaching regime this group of underachievers could have been much better. Chalk it up to poor coaching/training, or stupidity of not knowing when or how to get some of these guys more involved. Call it mismanagement if you will.

I find it so funny that guys like Freddy are on the roster but it takes Lynch getting in serious trouble to finally get Freddy on the field. Or why is it that we saw a ton of Stevie Johnson at the end of 08 but I dont think I saw him even one time in 09. How could they be big on this guy a year before and then have him off the radar completely in the next season?

It finally took big screw ups on returns to finally realize that Roscoe is a waste of space in the NFL. He was never even that good at returns and now his speed and abilities are declining with age he is showing his true value.

Why is it that we let go of a young and healthy Greer, but signed an aging, battered, always injured and declining McGee to a long term deal on his final year of his contract?

My point is this...

The past regime was absolutely rediculous. I honestly think that monkeys throwing poop at a board with the answers on it could have done a better job. I give my full approval with the changes that have been made. They werent all the sexiest picks for coaches and GM. But they are solid, with good coaching, analyzing careers. I believe we are much better than we were a year ago at this time and feel that this coaching staff can turn it around, and maybe even some of those players with it.

Heres to hoping our previous regime was so bad that everyone on this team is a possible superstar but was underutilized and mismanaged. :(

Do explain how any player could be both "tradable" and "cutable" at the same time.

While bringing in free agents is a great way to build a team, i also believe that the bills have not properly assessed some of the rookie players they have drafted in the last two years. Among the top of my list of players that I as a bills fan desire to see are Hardy and Nelson. The bills arent known for having extremely tall receivers until the TO experiment failed in Buffalo. Hardy was selected with the 41st overall pick out of Indiana in the 08 draft. He is 6'5'' and 220 lbs and is the tallest wide receiver ever drafted by the bills. He has tremendous athleic abilty and probably would have been more succesful than TO this past year if he hadnt been injured. Nelson is another tall receiver at Tight End. He was taken with the 121st pick in the 09 draft out of southern miss. He stands at 6'5'' and 240 lbs. Also has tremendous athletic ability.

I understand that signing free agents who have already proven themselves in the NFL is a much lower risk move and is much more appealing to a lot of owners. However it is not always practical and more importantly affordable. There MUST be a healthy balance between drafted and developed players along with free agent signings. While it would be wonderful to bring in a Chris Chambers or an Anquan Boldin, it also would be great to develop some young guys and raise their stock over the years. I realize that there are lots of drafted players that prove to be busts, especially in bills recent history. I would simply like to see James Hardy and Shawn Nelson a bit this year to make an accurate assesment. These Kids have a ton of potential. :D

Agreed. Good post. :unsure: