My take on the brawl

My take on what I saw happen ...

Saw Ben Wallace get fouled ... not a dirty foul .. just a foul .. now it was Ron Artest ... and I am sure Ben took that as a challange ... because as we know .. "real" man have to get respect ... and that means don't do as i do ... so he walks up and grabs Artests throut and shoves him ...

At this point .. Artest gets grabbed by a ref ... and dosen't fight ... his only good move of the evening,

Ben Wallace goes off ... and continues it .. working the fans up .. throws his sweatband ... as far as I could tell was acting like a TOTAL idiot and that just helped to get the drunken idiots to pitch in ...

That is why I thought he deserved A LOT more than 6 games ... 30 seems about right ...

Then it really got bad .... Artest charges the stand ... and Jackson follows ... not to get Artest out ... but to just swing away ... would have given hime the same 72 games off as Artest.

Then we have O'neil ... another bright bulb .. or should I say Boob ... also attacking people ... his only defense is that it was on the floor .. but still .. does he think he is a cop?

Whos to fault ....

In no order ...

Beer sales ... been to a Bills game lately ... beer is a MAJOR cause of the fans being butt heads

Wallace .. totally over reacted

Artest ... he is one step from being in prision

O'Neil ... just plan stupid move

Jackson ... no idea what he is thinking ... but whatever it is its scary !!!

The media .... we get to see the "15 minutes" of fame .. or is it shame .. of about 30 people ... and believe me .. some of these nuts would do it again .. *see Jerry Springer !*

What should they do ... both baseball and basketball have the fans to close ... there need to be a shelter the teams are in .. something they can be in that keeps them safe and away from the insults

Security needs to improve ... someone is harrasing the players .. he gets pointed out and ejected ... right away

No beer sales ... or at least after half time ...

Players ... u swing ... 1o games ... u hit someone ... 20 games ... u hit a fan in the stand ... the season ... period ... fan hits a player ... arrested ...

Do we want this to become Europen soccer for gods sake ...

Other than that ... Bills loked great .. so did Drew ... and so did the whole team ...

I was listening to a discussion of this on the radio and they said it's not the worst fan/player brawl in the US. There was one many years ago in Cleveland at a 10c beer night and game between the Indians and Rangers. Does anyone know anything about it?

I was listening to a discussion of this on the radio and they said it's not the worst fan/player brawl in the US. There was one many years ago in Cleveland at a 10c beer night and game between the Indians and Rangers. Does anyone know anything about it?

-------------------

I've heard about it before but I never heard about any brawls between fans and players occuring. The fans were fightning among themselves and throwing stuff on the field. The players ended up leaving the field before the game was over.

I was listening to a discussion of this on the radio and they said it's not the worst fan/player brawl in the US. There was one many years ago in Cleveland at a 10c beer night and game between the Indians and Rangers.  Does anyone know anything about it?

131068[/snapback]

I remember Billy Martin and a bunch of players with bats heading out to right field to help Jeff Burroughs get away from a bunch of idiot fans.

I was listening to a discussion of this on the radio and they said it's not the worst fan/player brawl in the US. There was one many years ago in Cleveland at a 10c beer night and game between the Indians and Rangers.  Does anyone know anything about it?

131068[/snapback]

I believe the riot started when they ran out of beer. I think we can pin that one on piss poor planning :w00t:

I would have loved to have been in that marketing meeting.

"The foam fingers just aren't drawing them in...we need a new gimmick."

"Howsh 'bout shelling beersh for a dime [Hiccup]."

"Brilliant!!" :o