silence is indicative

When I think about the Bills Defensive Coordinator position being open, still, after all these hires on the defensive staff, and after the senior bowl, and now pro-bowl, I wonder if their silence isn't telling? Why would they keep quiet so long, because, it seems that they probably have their guy by now, which would mean that either he's working for another team still in contention, or, there is another advantage for their silence. Is there an approaching date - like free agency, or something, that would make keeping your future D.C. hidden a plus? Like, if we were going to 3-4 and were going to be going after those type players?

At this time - I trust Chan Gailey and whoever he brings in. He has never been on a bad team and I don't think anything will change in his mind with Buffalo. When it comes to 3-4, it probably won't happen hence the outside LB coach or not. I believe we might use a hybrid of it this year because we don't have a true NT.

There's only 2 reasons they haven't announced the hiring yet. Their guy is either on a college team and they don't want to announce it prior to signing day (Wed) or he's on one of the teams in the SB. That's it, end of story.

I'm also positive that whoever it is, he's being consulted on all the assistant coach hirings.

There's only 2 reasons they haven't announced the hiring yet. Their guy is either on a college team and they don't want to announce it prior to signing day (Wed) or he's on one of the teams in the SB. That's it, end of story.

I'm also positive that whoever it is, he's being consulted on all the assistant coach hirings.

I agree with what you are saying. I just can't figure what person it could be on the SB teams. My first though was the DL or Secondary coach of the Vikings.

after the senior bowl, and now pro-bowl, I wonder if their silence isn't telling?

Teams always time their press releases for weekdays during business hours--not Saturdays or Sundays, especially when Nix & Company are traveling back to Buffalo. Expect an announcement later this week, similar to the one last week unvailing the names of the assistants hired to date.

The DeHaven hiring slipped out Friday due to his many connections to WNY, so it was less structured in its timing.

I agree with what you are saying. I just can't figure what person it could be on the SB teams. My first though was the DL or Secondary coach of the Vikings.

both SB teams use dirivatives of the Tampa two that most of the guys on this site dislike... Personally, I think systems come and go.. Get the right players and any system can work... If we move to a 3-4 it's going to be a long year next year.. We'd need to reconstruct our front 7...

I don't follow college that much - wed being signing day would definitely qualify for a good reason they've been quiet, and, since Gailey's spent so much time in those ranks, it wouldn't be a surprise... so, if it is a college coach, who would be exciting and likely for the D.C. position? It'd have to be someone who's job is currently considered below a coordinator job in the nfl.

both SB teams use dirivatives of the Tampa two that most of the guys on this site dislike... Personally, I think systems come and go.. Get the right players and any system can work... If we move to a 3-4 it's going to be a long year next year.. We'd need to reconstruct our front 7...

Most of the people on this site couldn't tell the difference between the Tampa 2 and the 46. This place is overrun with smacktards that hear something then spend the next 2 years parroting it without a clue as to what they're saying.

Anonymous poster: "The Tampa 2 sucks"

Oblivious idiot: "YEAH, the Tampa 2 sucks".

As to the 4-3 to 3-4 discussion, I have to think that the current coaching staff understands the limitations of our current roster. Gailey specifically said he will tailor or schemes to fit our players and I just don't see Nix/Gailey going into this without a well thought out plan.