Player Loyalty

Josh Reed, Aaron Schobel, Terrence McGee and Lee Evans.

Nowadays there is very little loyalty running through the veins of the NFL and the lack thereof runs deep on both sides, players and organizational. Teams toss away players like yesterdays trash, there are exceptions however(Sean Peyton) and players care a lot less about the fans and the teams that groom them then they do about the greenbacks and finger blingers(Willis). Personally I don't blame either side, a business is a business and we all have to look out for our own.

That brings me back to the 4 names I started with, Reed, Schobel, McGee and Evans are all Buffalo Bills, they've all shown that they want to be here, something that we as fans are so not used to. I hope that these 4 guys stay on here with the new regime and I hope that they all have the opportunity to make the playoffs with the Buffalo Bills in the near future. Of all the fans in the league, we as Buffalo Bills fans should be able to relate to the old adage that "You don't know what you got til it's gone". We as fans don't appreciate these guys enough and we've called for each one of their heads at some point. I'm just as guilty as anyone. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a real Buffalo Bills fan roots for guys like these not attack them. I know that from now these are the players I will be rooting for the most because they deserve it the most.

Josh Reed, Aaron Schobel, Terrence McGee and Lee Evans.

Nowadays there is very little loyalty running through the veins of the NFL and the lack thereof runs deep on both sides, players and organizational. Teams toss away players like yesterdays trash, there are exceptions however(Sean Peyton) and players care a lot less about the fans and the teams that groom them then they do about the greenbacks and finger blingers(Willis). Personally I don't blame either side, a business is a business and we all have to look out for our own.

That brings me back to the 4 names I started with, Reed, Schobel, McGee and Evans are all Buffalo Bills, they've all shown that they want to be here, something that we as fans are so not used to. I hope that these 4 guys stay on here with the new regime and I hope that they all have the opportunity to make the playoffs with the Buffalo Bills in the near future. Of all the fans in the league, we as Buffalo Bills fans should be able to relate to the old adage that "You don't know what you got til it's gone". We as fans don't appreciate these guys enough and we've called for each one of their heads at some point. I'm just as guilty as anyone. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a real Buffalo Bills fan roots for guys like these not attack them. I know that from now these are the players I will be rooting for the most because they deserve it the most.

They want to stay here because up to this point, we were the only ones stupid enough to keep them around AND pay them as much as we do. Only the Bills pay a #2 WR #1 WR money

Evans got paid a pretty penny to stay. Schobel also got paid well in his time in Buffalo. McGee arguably took less than he could have gotten on the open market. And Reed has been a good move-the-chains kind of player, but he underperformed his 2nd round status. Unless he signs a reasonable deal, I don't see him staying.

They want to stay here because up to this point, we were the only ones stupid enough to keep them around AND pay them as much as we do. Only the Bills pay a #2 WR #1 WR money

I disagree Ice, I think on a good offense Josh Reed is Hines Ward light. Yeah he has the dropsies from time to time but he does all of the important things right, like find the first down marker, run block well, reads zone as well as anyone on this team even better then Evans. Schobel is the best player this Bills defense has seen since Bruce Smith, Terrence was a probowler and when he gave up special teams he became a very complete corner. Evans is the only one on this list that still has to prove something to me, I think he's a very good WR but take away the deep threat and he becomes an average player who makes a good play from time to time, either way he seems to want to be here.