I think our DC will be.....

He is a logical option from a purely "his team is playing in the Super Bowl and we've hired all the rest of our DC's staff" perspective. The other perspective is "why would a Saints D coach come here with Greggo telling him about his time in Buffalo?"

Good observation though. Zimmers pops has been a solid coordinator and if he follows his lead, he would be welcomed.

If nothing else it makes you wonder why Gailey / Nix are waiting until the SB is over to fill their staff.

Considering the senior bowl is this week and coaches like to get to know the players, I would think there is a reason as to why they are waiting to announce the DC.

Me personally, I'd be interested in the Colts DC and how he made the transition from the Tampa 2 so smoothly.

Name a DC who has ties with Buddy Nix and runs a 3-4 D? Answer: Ted Cottrell.. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned for the DC job. Cottrell did serve as SD Chargers DC in 2007 and 2008. In 2007 Cottrell's defense led the NFL in takeaways (48), interceptions (30), and passer rating defense (70.0). Cottell isn't only a good choice but he'd love to be here as well.

Name a DC who has ties with Buddy Nix and runs a 3-4 D? Answer: Ted Cottrell.. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned for the DC job. Cottrell did serve as SD Chargers DC in 2007 and 2008. In 2007 Cottrell's defense led the NFL in takeaways (48), interceptions (30), and passer rating defense (70.0). Cottell isn't only a good choice but he'd love to be here as well.

Cottrell is the one I am most interested in. But, what is their excuse for not hiring him at this point? UFL season is done. I, sadly, don't know if he is the one they have chosen, and the one has been chosen.

Cottrell is the one I am most interested in. But, what is their excuse for not hiring him at this point? UFL season is done. I, sadly, don't know if he is the one they have chosen, and the one has been chosen.

I'm all for bringing Cottrell back as well. Cottrell fits Nix's criteria perfectly. Nix, if you're reading this, hire TC.

Adam Zimmer LB/Defensive Assistant from the Saints.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Coach...m%20Zimmer.aspx

His dad is Mike Zimmer the DC from Cinci. If the old saying of "like father like son" is true, I wouldn't mind this hire one bit

What is this based on? Be more responsible, don't make things up to fill the cyber air.

Fewell who just signed as DC is not at the senior bowl. Says he has other stuff to do and trusts the coaches and scouts going to fill him in. So it is not important that our DC is there.

Also take the Super Bowl teams for example they probably have nothing but scouts there.

Great point... I think the fan base would like it, also.

What is this based on? Be more responsible, don't make things up to fill the cyber air.

If you read my thread title it says "I think" not "Our next DC IS GOING TO BE.."

this is my opinion only. Also if you read my other post in this topic you would have seen that I also put "This is just my gut feeling"