Vince Wilfork

aristocrat

Not that it would mean much, but I have seen in past interviews where Wilfork said he grew up a Bills fan.

For all of his questionable or outright dirty tactics when he has played the Bills, I would love to have him on our team in the interior of our defensive line.

The guy IMO is one of the top 3 defensive tackles in the game today.

Yeah and we should draft Mike Williams ahead of pro bowler McKinnie because Mike's a nicer guy and Mckinnie's a dick.

Im not suggesting you hang out with the guy. Remember that two of the strongest running teams in the NFL (Jets/Miami) we face FOUR times a year. What's your solution to stopping the run, more undersized character guys?

Please...let's not take this to the complete opposite extreme. I want talented players just like anyone. I just have zero interest in dirty playing, whiny scumbags...which I believe covers Vince pretty well.

If a thread was started saying we should trade for Wilfork right after the game he "fell" into Losman's knee, can you honestly tell me you would have been on board?

Please...let's not take this to the complete opposite extreme. I want talented players just like anyone. I just have zero interest in dirty playing, whiny scumbags...which I believe covers Vince pretty well.

If a thread was started saying we should trade for Wilfork right after the game he "fell" into Losman's knee, can you honestly tell me you would have been on board?

You're probably right, but sometimes when guys change teams they can turn the page on some of their old antics. T.O. did it, why not Vince. Plus he will have nothing to whine about when he's the highest paid dude on the team.

For all of his questionable or outright dirty tactics when he has played the Bills, I would love to have him on our team in the interior of our defensive line.

The guy IMO is one of the top 3 defensive tackles in the game today.

Wilfork??? Now??? How long does Bill Belicheck have to school the league on unloading reputations for high draft picks? NO...you don't trade for Wilfork. How has Stroud worked out??

BUILD THE TEAM. If you want a Wilfork-type player, you draft a shiny new T. Cody this year, not trade for what Vince freakin Wilfork used to be. He may have some miles left and I might sign him as a free agent, but giving up the future of your team for him is a LOSER MOVE.

Ask yourself the following: Do great teams trade themselves great or build themselves great?

Wilfork??? Now??? How long does Bill Belicheck have to school the league on unloading reputations for high draft picks? NO...you don't trade for Wilfork. How has Stroud worked out??

BUILD THE TEAM. If you want a Wilfork-type player, you draft a shiny new T. Cody this year, not trade for what Vince freakin Wilfork used to be. He may have some miles left and I might sign him as a free agent, but giving up the future of your team for him is a LOSER MOVE.

Ask yourself the following: Do great teams trade themselves great or build themselves great?

Both??? :lol:

billsfan89 is right. The Patriots are too smart to let an asset like Wilfork walk away for nothing. I expect they'll eventually agree to an extension but if for some reason they don't, Vince will receive the franchise slap and be traded. They won't let him get a glimpse of the open market and they won't trade inside the division unless it's an absolute steal.

How has Kris Jenkins worked out?

It depends on the player and depends on the trade price.

How has Kris Jenkins worked out?

It depends on the player and depends on the trade price.

I honestly believe our Defense mailed it in alot of times, knowing that they were generally getting no help on the other side of the ball.

Would you risk getting injured and give it your all knowing it would all be for a losing effort all because of you teammates on the other side of the ball.

I wouldent i know that. I believ alot oe people/players feel this way IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4863296

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said Wednesday he would consider it a "slap in the face" if the New England Patriots place the franchise tag on him, which is expected if a long-term extension is not reached.

"I want a long-term deal or I want to be free. Point blank," Wilfork said during an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI.

Anyone else get tired of hearing these multi-millionaires griping about having security for their families? Wilfork signed a contract that had the potential to give him $18,050,000 if he reached all incentives. Even after agent commissions, taxes, etc., I don't think he's cutting coupons to save fifty cents on Progresso Clam Chowdah.

Even if he was only able to pocket 20% of that contract, that's something like $3,600,000. That's more than most of us will make in our working lifetime. We'd have to gross about $120,000 a year for 45 years to equal his take by the age of 28. Remember too, that he's already got it in his bank account, and can invest it and get interest, so that 3.6 mil take homes pay oughta yield a good bit more by retirement age. So even if he never works another day in his life, he should be able to live fairly comfortably. Boo-hoo. Can his adult family members not get a job? Does he expect his offspring to live off his football salary their whole lives? With his current assets and cash, (not to mention prestige and influence as a former superbowl champ member) could he not start a business? What? Considering the struggles and decisions many Americans are now facing, looking to the fanbase for sympathy is misguided.

That said, the Bills best defenses in recent years can usually be traced back to a dominating tackles in the middle of the defensive line. Think big Pat, Ted, Sam Adams. Even as far back as the Chuck Knox/Fred Smerlas era - it was the ability to stuff the run that made the defenses dominant.

If we can get Wilfork as an anchor in the middle, I'm all for it. It's have the double-edged effect of weakening a division foe in addition to strengthening the Bills D-line. If Pat Williams or Ted Washington are any measure of a nose tackle's longevity in the league, Wilfork should be just reaching his prime playing days.

Open the vault Ralph.

Funny how everyone couldn't stand the guy for giving Trent (IIRC) the shot to the knee. Now he is possibly going to be up for grabs and all the man love is beginning. I think what it really boils down to is that we as Bills fans were jealous in the fact that we didn't have someone as nasty(and I mean that from an attitude stand point) as Wilfork and we were looking to go for the jugular. JMO.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was more about not liking dirty players that take shots at our players. Hence when said dirty player is on my team, I will root for him and also keep some cash on hand in case I get the call to bail him out. I also like Incognito for as long as he dons the Bills uni. I hate watching our players get cheap-shotted.

I doubt the Pats* won't resign the big guy. HOWEVER if they do decide that he won't sign with them they will franchise tag him and trade him. They won't let Wilfork end up with the Jets or Fins (Lets face it he won't come here).

Only the Fins

The Jets we're a final 4 team and therefore cannot sign any free agents unless they lose a FA of equal value 1st....

lots of new rules to play with this year.

The Patriots also get 2 tags liek all the other teams so I'm sure they will tag him and then trade him like suggested above.

The Patriots already have about 10 extra picks over the next few years they will be reloaded in no time