DRAFT (Round 1, 2)

I have a feeling that one of the top 2 QBs will slip out of the top 10. I don't think many draft experts will see that happening come April, but, historically that tends to happen. Plus, w/ Mcnabb/Vick/Kolb possibly moving, someone will fill a QB hole before draft day.

Regardless, I'm not sure Gailey takes a QB, he is very confident with developing offenses around the personnel he has. If they choose to run a 3-4, I imagine they will draft McClain or Derrick Morgan. Or they will strongly consider it (this of course is if they can find a Nose Tackle. They can always trade back into the 1st for an OT.

If they run a 4-3, I think they could be tempted by McClain, but will go with OL.

If Clausen or Bradford is unavailable, trade down for another team's 1, 2, and 4.

1. Take McCoy or Tebow

2a. OT

2b. DT (DE is Schobel retires)

3. ILB

4a. DE

4b. OLB

5. RB

Like the multiple picks-i agree-plus trade Lynch if we could get a third or second rounder

agreed or in the 3rd.

To be honest, QB is not as important to us as our OL at this point. And there are not that many NFL ready qb's this year. we may be better off getting Lefouver or tebow later (plus they probably have as much upsde as mccoy or bradoford) and focusing on the lines and LB.

anyone who thinks Claussen, McCoy, or Bradford is the right move at 9 has to have their head examined. none of them are locks to be even remotely as good as Sanchize and he wasn't vey good this year. In addition, as everyone should know by now, a good QB is useless behind a non existent OL. And Bell and Butler are NOT the answers long term. see D'brickshaw ferguson if you want to see what tackles should look like...

first of all, no rookie quarterback is ever considered a lock to be successful their first year. second of all, there was a ton of skepticism on sanchez's experience in college and the only reason he was taken so high is because there were only two good quarterbacks in that draft. frankly, 2 of those 3 quarterbacks you mention are probably more highly regarded than sanchez was going in to the draft. third of all, quarterback without an offensive line is useless but an offensive line without a quarterback can also be useless. teams will just stack the box with 8 players to stop your run game. you can take care of an offensive line through free agency to get proven people... we need to draft a quarterback in order to be a successful team. (ex. NO, IND, GB, SD...all playoff teams/all great qb's)

since chan gailey's offenses have been known for going with a 4 wide set (at least that is what all the analyst's are saying) to spread out the defense, and he likes a quarterback who can give him options with running and throwing (his georgia tech recruiting), i would think the draft would go as such:

Round 1: OT or McClain if there

Round 2: Colt McCoy (trade up if necessary)

Colt McCoy, i feel, is better than people are giving him credit for. He makes quick reads, has ridiculous accuracy, arm strength is above average, can throw the ball downfield with accuracy, and he has great mobility. Not to mention he was a heisman finalist twice and is well versed in running a spread.

R1: McClain

R2: OT- Bulaga or Brown may still be available

R3: LeFevour

I think that would be a great draft. McCoy scares me, I'd stay away from him.

Uhhhhhhhh, no. Bradford is actually a good NFL prospect at QB. He threw for almost 5,000 yards and had 50 TD's in one season. He also had a completion percentage up around 70% when healthy , averaging over 9 yards per attempted pass. McCoy has had an excellent completion % also, but doesn't have the size of Bradford, the arm strength, nor the same kind accuracy on the deeper throws. LeFevour and Tebow are QB's successful in the system run by their teams, but more of a gimmick QB than a drop back, read the defense, and get the ball out type players. Everyone also seems to have forgotten about Pike now for some reason. Pike, IMO, seems like a Gailey type of QB. Ran a spread type offense, still was effective when lining up under Center, "weather tested" for all of the Buffalo faithful, and can make all the throws from what I've seen. He could be had in the 2nd, possibly even the 3rd depending on how things play out.

I find your Pike idea intriguing. But your dismissal of LeFevour as a gimmick system QB is puzzling. Yeah, Central Michigan runs the option. But they also run the pro style sets as well, with the QB under center and dropping back into the pocket. He excels in both. As to Bradford, the biggest knock on him now is the condition of his shoulder. My guess is the Bills aren't going to risk another high pick on a questionable QB.

LeFevour is a system QB? Are you kidding me. for a guy that can run, throw and out think a defense. If he was a system QB like you say he would get sacked all the time. His system is to stay in the pocket and throw to spots. This guy has the legs to run from 30 yards out and score. He has played in cold weather. but the two things that stand out in my book on him is his "clock" he knows when to step up in the pocket and when to get out of the pocket. the other thing is his leadership. He is a good leader and commands his offense.

Excellent!

Uhhhhhhhh, no. Bradford is actually a good NFL prospect at QB. He threw for almost 5,000 yards and had 50 TD's in one season. He also had a completion percentage up around 70% when healthy , averaging over 9 yards per attempted pass. McCoy has had an excellent completion % also, but doesn't have the size of Bradford, the arm strength, nor the same kind accuracy on the deeper throws. LeFevour and Tebow are QB's successful in the system run by their teams, but more of a gimmick QB than a drop back, read the defense, and get the ball out type players. Everyone also seems to have forgotten about Pike now for some reason. Pike, IMO, seems like a Gailey type of QB. Ran a spread type offense, still was effective when lining up under Center, "weather tested" for all of the Buffalo faithful, and can make all the throws from what I've seen. He could be had in the 2nd, possibly even the 3rd depending on how things play out.

Lefevour's completion % was 71.07 this year.

furthermore, none of the qb's in this yrs draft, other than Clausen and snead are touted as having an "elite" arm. plus, bradford, mcoy, tebow, and lefevour all ran some form of a spread offense.

My argument is based on

1: experience (especially in cold weather)

2:leadership

3:skill set

To me NONE of these guys are year 1 or even 2 starters, but I believe Lefevour has the best upside FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS, he's the tough, blue chip type of QB that this team has severely lacked since Kelly left, and with the proper grooming I think he will be our franchise player.

Round 1 - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Round 2 - Dan Williams, NT, Tenessee

I like it but would take McClain in first; I would take dline, oline and lb with first 4 pix. bring in a vet fa to compete with Brohm for starting qb spot

On that note, If we could get these guys, I would go after Matt Light in Free Agency than draft

Round One: Rolando McClain – LB Alabama

Round Two: Greg Hardy DE – Old Miss

Round Three: Dan Le Fevour QB – CMU

Round Four: Arthur Jones DT – Syracuse

Round Five: Eric Olsen OG – Notre Dame

Round Six: Stanley Havili FB – USC

Would love this draft bring back kelly. I say go for the best left tackle in free agency and this draft would be perfect.