The Lies Begin - Shootings in Wisc.

It didn't take long. Just heard on my radio (I forget the affiliate - CBS?), at the top of the hour news, that according to an unnamed Wisconsin "official", it might have been because of the recent repeal of the so-called "Assault Wepaon Ban".

Fact:

This "feel-good" law was NOT repealed. It expired and was not reauthorized by Congress. By a wide, bi-partisan margin. Read the link.

http://www.factcheck.org/article258.html

It didn't take long. Just heard on my radio (I forget the affiliate - CBS?), at the top of the hour news, that according to an unnamed Wisconsin "official", it might have been because of the recent repeal of the so-called "Assault Wepaon Ban".

Fact:

This "feel-good" law was NOT repealed.  It expired and was not reauthorized by Congress. By a wide, bi-partisan margin.  Read the link.

http://www.factcheck.org/article258.html

129401[/snapback]

I am suprised that it took this long for someone to blame the sunset of the ban. It has been a good couple of hours since the incident. People are slipping.

I am suprised that it took this long for someone to blame the sunset of the ban. It has been a good couple of hours since the incident. People are slipping.

129404[/snapback]

Methinks one can do a good bit of damage with a Remington Pump, should one want to. Of course those doing the crying could not tell the two apart.

Methinks one can do a good bit of damage with a Remington Pump, should one want to. Of course those doing the crying could not tell the two apart.

129416[/snapback]

That's nothing compared to the agony and cost that could be saved by implementation of a 20 MPH national speed limit. :angry:

The stupidest part of all was that the gun used in this crime WAS NOT BANNED by that law.  But then, the anti-gun folks never really worry much about the facts.

131419[/snapback]

They'd actually have to know them first. Not really a mantra for people who are afraid of inanimate objects.

I had a feeling it was gonna rear its ugly head... RACISM.

After seeing the picture of the perp... I thought this would play out. My worst fear.

It seems that they told him to leave the area.

He walked away, then turned around at about 40' and began blasting!

I thought why? Why would he just snap?

I guess now he is saying that they called him derogatory names and racial slurs were made. He also said they fired first???

God! Now it has turned into disrespect with hunters! Gee, I never would have guessed that... :D:flirt:

What is this country becoming?

What do we gotta do... Preempt everything?

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the murderer... He is totally wrong.

How in the world will we ever know what happened here?

Here is a link:

Hunters

...Vang said he heard Willers call on a walkie-talkie, and five or six men on all-terrain vehicles approached a few moments later. Vang said the group surrounded him, and some used racial slurs.

He said that he was told to get off the property, and as he started walking away, he turned back and saw Willers point a gun at him from about 100 feet away. He told investigators he immediately dropped to a crouch, and Willers shot at him, the bullet hitting the ground 30 to 40 feet behind Vang.

Vang said he removed the scope from his rifle and began firing, continuing to shoot as the group scattered. He said one of the victims, Joey Crotteau, tried to run away, but Vang chased him, got within 20 feet and shot him in the back. Crotteau, 20, was killed. Willers was wounded and was listed in fair condition Tuesday.

Vang said as he began to run, an ATV with two people drove past and he fired three or four times, causing both people to fall off the machine. He said that he looked up the trail, saw that one of the men was standing, yelled, "You're not dead yet?" and fired one more shot in the man's direction. He said he did not know if he hit the man or not.

Vang said he then ran away.

Authorities have said there was only one gun among the eight hunters.

There have been previous clashes between Southeast Asian and white hunters in the region. Locals in the Birchwood area, about 120 miles northeast of the Twin Cities, have complained the Hmong do not understand the concept of private property and hunt wherever they want.

About 24,000 Hmong live in St. Paul, the highest concentration of any U.S. city. Vang's arrest made some Hmong citizens in his hometown fearful of a backlash. Hmong leaders condemned the shootings and offered condolences to victims' families...