Points to be taken from Gailey's introduction!

Jim Harbaugh was never offered the Bills HC job, Bills may have requested interview and may have been turned down, big difference! Who really cares. Chan Gailey is more accomplished as a OC and college head coach. Out of the 2, Chan has a winning NFL record to look at.

Brian Schottenheimer and other coordinators probably turned down the Bills request for interviews but at least 20-30 guys requested interviews but were turned down by the Bills. Marty wanted the job also, maybe that is why Brian said no so he wouldn't be taking the chance away from his Dad.

Chan Gailey is a excellent OC, he has never been 30, 31st or 32nd in offensive scoring or ratings. The Bills offense will get better next year, big supporter for the running game. Fits the Bills strengths well.

Chan Gailey has a nice personality, he engaged the reporters. He acted like he really liked coaching and not to rigid with schemes. He uses his hands well, I think the media will like him.

He will make Maybin become a player by end of camp or cut him. He believes players drafted have one year reprieve but must show they can become Pro's by second year ( Most players he said, you only have 4-5 years with ).

We have found a good GM, fans don't pick coaches, GM's do. We should sit back and watch. there is always time to scream later " I told you so" if Nix was wrong.

Ralph and Brandon not being at the introduction of the head coach proves Wilson is finely done making decsions for this team. This is Nix's team and Nix's HC choice.

I think freeagency and the draft will hold few suprises, these men will pick players that have played well in high school and college for at least 3-4 years experience in both. They want guys that are durable and have played alot of football.

Former HC's don't give glowing reccomendations to coordinators, especially if they are in the media right now. Their reputations are at stake. Cowher was doing back flips Gailey got this job, maybe because it gets his name away from being associated to the job, LOL.

Number 1 reason this was a good pick: Jerry Jones said the biggest mistake he probably has made as owner was firing Chan Gailey. If that doesn't show fans this guy is well thought of by the league than go ahead and jump off the bridge. I think I may get my season tickets back, I want better seats to pick from anyway. Stop :lol:

If it were really Nix's team, Marty Schottenheimer would be HC. I'm sure Gailey is highly respected by Nix, if he weren't, Nix would be out of here. But Nix and Schottenheimer are close. Ralph must have nixed Schotty. Ha ha.

Is it possible Nix considers Marty a close personal friend but did not want to hire him? I am sure many people on this board have businees associates they are close with that they would not hire.

Is it possible Nix considers Marty a close personal friend but did not want to hire him? I am sure many people on this board have businees associates they are close with that they would not hire.

Excellent point!

I will say this about Chan, even though I think that he will have no more success than Jauron, he certainly is a livelier dangler than his predecessor.

Gailey does come across as "authentic" and is miles ahead of Jauron is the personality dept. Jauron looked like he was on the verge of crying or having a mental breakdown at every presser I watched, even after a win! For such a bright guy, Jauron never struck me as articulate.......not even once!