[closed]Chan Gailey's Resume

C.Biscuit97

Can't say I'm thrilled but I think people are whining because tehy don't know anythign about the guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

Gailey had previously served as offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins in 2000–01 when the Dolphins posted consecutive 11–5 records. He was on the Pittsburgh Steelers staff from 1994-97 when the Steelers won four straight AFC Central titles and played in one Super Bowl (XXX). He was offensive coordinator in 1997 when Pittsburgh ranked sixth in the NFL in total offense and seventh in scoring

In 1983, he took over the head coaching duties at Troy, where he led the Trojans to a 12-1 record in 1984 en route to the Division II championship.[3]

Gailey moved to the National Football League the next year, when the Denver Broncos signed him as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. The team made three Super Bowl appearances during his six-year tenure.

After starting off as coach for the wide receivers, then moved up to offensive coordinator for the 1996 and 1997 NFL seasons. The Steelers won their division all four years, and made one Super Bowl appearance.

In 1998, Gailey was hired to take over a struggling Dallas Cowboys squad, one that had faltered under Barry Switzer during his last year. Gailey's Cowboys won the NFC East in 1998, and made the playoffs under his two years at the reins, although they failed to win a playoff game. Gailey is the only Cowboys coach to make the playoffs every season with his team

Gailey had previously served as offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins in 2000–01 when the Dolphins posted consecutive 11–5 records

In his first five years at Georgia Tech, he had compiled a 37-27 record. Georgia Tech went to bowl games each year under Gailey, and won two: the 2003 Humanitarian Bowl (a 52-10 win over the University of Tulsa), and the 2004 Champs Sports Bowl (a 51-14 victory over Syracuse University). Gailey compiled six winning seasons in six years at the helm.

After hearing the names Cowher and Shanahan, I get why people aren't thrilled with this. But I see a lot of winning on his resume and met Nix's qualifications (experienced head coach and offensive background). At this point, it's all on Nix to draft some ball players. but this is a move that is very similar to the Chargers hiring Norv Turner when Nix was there.

Time will tell.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.