Great opportunity in Buffalo

DDD

Frazier gets interviewed because of the Rooney rule. He is a qualified black coordinator so teams know he covers their

a_ _ regarding the interview process. You have to ask yourself; How many interviews for HC would he have had if he were white? Now he still may be a good candidate, frankly I don't know, but I call them like I see them and this makes perfect sense to me.

If you "call them like I see them," instead of just having a kneejerk racial reaction, you'd have remembered that the Bills filled the "Rooney Rule" with the Fewell interview. And BTW, maybe the Bills screwed up by letting Perry get away.

There is a tremendous coaching opportunity in Buffalo. It's really a no-lose situation IMO. If the guy can win, he will be viewed as a resounding success and can name his price. If he flops it will be because of a thrifty owner in a small market. Instant built in excuse. He really can't lose either way.

And by the way, forget the guys who turned job the job. I've lost alot of respect for Cowher. I want a guy who's hungry with a chip on his shoulder who welcomes a challenge. Clearly thats not Cowher, Harbaugh, nor Schottenheimer.

Yeah, because look at all the recent head coaching opportunities given to the last few guys we let go with the same excuses.

Gregg Williams - none

Mularkey - none

Jauron - none

You have to go all the way back to Wade Phillips to find a Bills coach who got another opportunity at a head coaching gig. And that wasn't about excuses, it was about taking the Bills to the playoffs.

I don't buy it. Anytime your team looks bad, you look bad, at least unless your improve the team a lot.

With the Ravens loss, we can throw Cam Cameron back into the mix. He's friends with Nix and like to eat Twix.

Yes let's add Cam Cameron and his 1-15 record in Miami where the players didn't respect him "into the mix." B-)

There is a tremendous coaching opportunity in Buffalo. It's really a no-lose situation IMO. If the guy can win, he will be viewed as a resounding success and can name his price. If he flops it will be because of a thrifty owner in a small market. Instant built in excuse. He really can't lose either way.

And by the way, forget the guys who turned job the job. I've lost alot of respect for Cowher. I want a guy who's hungry with a chip on his shoulder who welcomes a challenge. Clearly thats not Cowher, Harbaugh, nor Schottenheimer.

Too bad coaches don't view banging their head against the wall a great opportunity

If you "call them like I see them," instead of just having a kneejerk racial reaction, you'd have remembered that the Bills filled the "Rooney Rule" with the Fewell interview. And BTW, maybe the Bills screwed up by letting Perry get away.

Talk about knee-jerk reactions from a jerk. If you read my entire reply I said that he got his previous 8 interviews, in some part, due to the Rooney rule. I stand by that arguement. Do you really think 8 other teams interviewed him based on his resume alone? I didn't mention Fewell because I wasn't talking about our messed up hiring process, simply responding as to why Frazier got so many interviews in the past. Fewell got away because he should have, he wasn't qualified and he coached the worst defense we've had in a long time. Next time somebody hits too close to home, take a deep breath and remember in America everybody can voice their opinion and it may be different from yours.

Just in time for MLK day. He'd be so proud. Personally, I hate the Rooney Rule and I think its fallen flat on its face. But Frazier hasn't gotten every HC interview just because of the rule. I'd say one or two may have been because of it, but not all of them. If he was white, he still would've gotten interviews.

I think the issue is for a person so qualified why hasn't he gotten a head coach position yet. It's probably the same reason Tony Dungy had to interview so many times before he was hired...It's due to the color of his skin. Teams are still hesitant to hire a minority after years of proven success where the upstarts (ie. McDaniels, Mangini, Garrett, Schott) do not have to prove them selves over a 10 year period they only have to have one good season and they are hot. Now this is not always true (Mike Tomlin) there are exceptions. On a whole the road to head coaching is longer for minorities.

The Rooney rule was created with good intentions but if an organization has no intention of hiring a minority it becomes an insincere step in the process. Who can really judge the sincerity of an organization.

The Bills interviewing Frazier was not necessary to comply with the rule since Fewell interviewed prior. My gut tells me Frazier will be an excellent coach because of his pro experience and the road he has had to travel to get there.

I can understand Schott Sr., Cowher and Shanahan being top choices. Billick as well but after that I would like to see NFL experience as opposed to dipping in the college ranks. Other than Jimmy Johnson I can't think of anyone who has really been successful going that route in recent memory