Rob Ryan

gball77

Would anyone have any interest in Rex's brother, for as bad as Cleveland and Oakland were, the defenses seem to always play tough.

Don't kill me, I'm not saying I would want him but would it hurt to interview a guy like this, since our options are so limited. Players seem to really like playing for him.

If he stunk we would atleast get a lot of good sound bites from him.

Not sure I understand all this man love for Rex Ryan, and now his bro.

Last year, under "Mangina" the Jests were 9-7, but did not make the playoffs.

Enter Ryanocerous... They add a QB a LB (Scott), a DB (Leonard), a wr (Edwards), a rb (Green). Inherits a mature offensive line as well. Finishes 9-7... mainly because the Colts and Bengals lay down in the last two games of the season and the Jests make the playoffs... with virtually the same identical record as last year.

Last year, Mike White, in his first year as HC of the Falcons made the playoffs. Where are the Falcons now?

So, WTF has Ryan accomplished so far, except fire up opposing teams locker rooms because of his big mouth?

Perhaps before we cannonize Ryan, let's see where he ends up this season, and then the next two seasons to get a real assesment of what he is as a HC.

Your assignment for this week is to look up Ray Malavasi and reort back your findings and what you think the moral of the story is.

Not sure I understand all this man love for Rex Ryan, and now his bro.Last year, under "Mangina" the Jests were 9-7, but did not make the playoffs. Enter Ryanocerous...  They add a QB a LB (Scott), a DB (Leonard), a wr (Edwards), a rb (Green).  Inherits a mature offensive line as well.  Finishes 9-7... mainly because the Colts and Bengals lay down in the last two games of the season and the Jests make the playoffs... with virtually the same identical record as last year.Last year, Mike White, in his first year as HC of the Falcons made the playoffs.  Where are the Falcons now?So, WTF has Ryan accomplished so far, except fire up opposing teams locker rooms because of his big mouth?Perhaps before we cannonize Ryan, let's see where he ends up this season, and then the next two seasons to get a real assesment of what he is as a HC.Your assignment for this week is to look up Ray Malavasi and reort back your findings and what you think the moral of the story is.

I'm assuming you mean Mike Smith and not Mike White, the Falcons finished 9-7 this year with their starting QB out for multiple games.  He took one of the worst teams and made them competitive, so I think he is doing well in Atlanta.

As for Ryan versus Mangini, Ryan got the Jets a playoff win which is something I would take in Buffalo.  While he inherited a lot of talent he also had a rookie QB who was erractic and cost the Jets multiple games.I am not saying Ryan is in the elite of coaching but he has reenergized the fanbase in New York.

I think you misunderstood my point anyways, I'm not saying the Bills should hire Ryan, just wanted to get a sense of what the board thought of him as a coaching candidate and the fact Buffalo refuses to interview the Ryans, Billicks, Fassels and Hasletts. As for my assignment, your going to have to give me a F, not interested.

He's the head coach for the Bills in my Madden10 franchise. We went 14-2 this past season and Freddy Jackson had 2800 all purpose yards SO THERE!

I'm sold! hahahaha.

Not to mention it would be entertaining to see him give Trent Edwards another concussion.

Not sure I understand all this man love for Rex Ryan, and now his bro.

Last year, under "Mangina" the Jests were 9-7, but did not make the playoffs.

Enter Ryanocerous... They add a QB a LB (Scott), a DB (Leonard), a wr (Edwards), a rb (Green). Inherits a mature offensive line as well. Finishes 9-7... mainly because the Colts and Bengals lay down in the last two games of the season and the Jests make the playoffs... with virtually the same identical record as last year.

Last year, Mike White, in his first year as HC of the Falcons made the playoffs. Where are the Falcons now?

So, WTF has Ryan accomplished so far, except fire up opposing teams locker rooms because of his big mouth?

Perhaps before we cannonize Ryan, let's see where he ends up this season, and then the next two seasons to get a real assesment of what he is as a HC.

Your assignment for this week is to look up Ray Malavasi and reort back your findings and what you think the moral of the story is.

looks like to me that Rex has his team primed to go on a nice playoff run over the next few years

I was never very impressed by Ryan when he was here in Oakland. He talks a good game but his defenses were disappointing. And he had talent.

no doubt...the browns are LOADED with talent on D. Should be the #1 defense if he was any good.

As for Ryan versus Mangini, Ryan got the Jets a playoff win which is something I would take in Buffalo.  While he inherited a lot of talent he also had a rookie QB who was erractic and cost the Jets multiple games.I am not saying Ryan is in the elite of coaching but he has reenergized the fanbase in New York.

I'm not so sure I agree with the highlighted part; I'm in their media market, and my sense is while there are some Jets fans that eat up the trash talk, Ryan is still viewed warily here. They know they really jumped the gun by nicknaming their previous fat slob coach "Mangenius"; they know that for all Mangini's quirks, he didn't leave the cupboard bare. And there is some recognition that shooting your mouth off like Ryan does creates bulletin board material. Of course, one more win, and he'll be the best thing since Rockne, because that's just the way Jets fans are.

no doubt...the browns are LOADED with talent on D. Should be the #1 defense if he was any good.

Loaded with talent or a malcontent known as Shawn Rogers? I don't see Cleveland as an underachieving D. They are as thin as we are at linebacker. Can't think of a name in their secondary, maybe your thinking about two or three years ago when they loaded up when Crennel was coaching.

Rob Ryan seems to be the worst of the Ryan bunch, in my opinion. I'd definitely prefer interviewing other candidates before him. He would be interesting and stuff but as far as X and O's, his defenses never impressed me.

I love his brother Rex, who I think is much better than Rob with his defensive scheming..

I'm not so sure I agree with the highlighted part; I'm in their media market, and my sense is while there are some Jets fans that eat up the trash talk, Ryan is still viewed warily here. They know they really jumped the gun by nicknaming their previous fat slob coach "Mangenius"; they know that for all Mangini's quirks, he didn't leave the cupboard bare. And there is some recognition that shooting your mouth off like Ryan does creates bulletin board material. Of course, one more win, and he'll be the best thing since Rockne, because that's just the way Jets fans are.

I live in Jet country, they love Rex .

Rob Ryan seems to be the worst of the Ryan bunch, in my opinion. I'd definitely prefer interviewing other candidates before him. He would be interesting and stuff but as far as X and O's, his defenses never impressed me.I love his brother Rex, who I think is much better than Rob with his defensive scheming..

We didn't seem to be able to figure out his scheme, we couldnt score a TD when we played them.  Rex has had a lot more talent to work with in my opinion and much more stable situations. Oakland has been chaotic for quite some time, the D played well enough to win a lot of games, just have no offense and Cleveland was pretty unstable this year.

I would prefer other candidates but only two people have agreed to interview and one was clearly a token interview.