Nice article on Leslie Frazier

billieve420

Thanks to both a) billieve420 for posting this good piece and b) Kzoo Mike for his one gap/two gap explanation. I already knew the latter, but I now have a better understanding about why Sam Adams was such a problem for the Bills' coaches in 2005.

Damn, the Bills should just go ahead and hire Frazier. You know that's who Nix wants. I worry, of course, that he doesn't really have full control, and that there are people above him demanding an offensive coach.

Interesting article by a Detriot Lion's blogger during their coaching search last year. I am starting to warm up to the idea and believe he might be the best choice to become our next head coach. Hopefully he can bring in a proven offensive coordinator like Al Saunders to fix that side of the football.

Mentions that he is a Jim Johnson disciple which plays an agressive one-gap 4-3 scheme with a variety of blitzes from different postions. If we can shore up the run d and stay healthy next year the defense will be decent.

http://thelionsinwinter.blogspot.com/2009/...ie-frazier.html

EXACTLY! Guys I really like Frazier and wouldnt' be upset at all if we stopped the search right now and offered him the job.

Interesting article by a Detriot Lion's blogger during their coaching search last year. I am starting to warm up to the idea and believe he might be the best choice to become our next head coach. Hopefully he can bring in a proven offensive coordinator like Al Saunders to fix that side of the football.

Mentions that he is a Jim Johnson disciple which plays an agressive one-gap 4-3 scheme with a variety of blitzes from different postions. If we can shore up the run d and stay healthy next year the defense will be decent.

http://thelionsinwinter.blogspot.com/2009/...ie-frazier.html

thanks, nice article.

Fans on TBD keep talking about scrapping the Tampa 2 and switching to the 3-4, because that's what a lot of the top NFL teams are using. Pragmatists try to remind the 3-4 supporters that we don't have the right players for that scheme. This is the quote that got my attention about Leslie Frazer:

Keeping the T2 (or a more aggressive hybrid of T2 and the blitzing 4-3 style) would save having to turn over quite so much of the roster...

We want immediate improvement, but how many fans will have the patience for a complete overhaul of the D? Seems like his approach is tailor-made for the Bills, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

If I were the Bills I would be willing to listen to anybody who is interested in coaching this team. Frazier is the obvious leader but there is no competition right now. Bring in Rivera, Billick, Garrett, Fassel, etc... for interviews. If they decline so what move onto the next one. Frazier shouldn't win the job by default and I just want the best coach hired whoever that may be. The new head coach needs a clear plan on how they are going to fix the offensive side of the football which is clearly a mess and a proven offensive coordinator is a must in my opinion.