Ive got a stat for ya!

JP-era

McGahee has 610 yards in 5 starts, thats 122 per game. The league leading rusher, Shaun Alexander has 1055 in 9 starts, that 117 per game!

Umm.....How much are we gonna love watching the thingy at the bottom of the screen during pregame scroll McGahee's name as a league leader in rushing all next year!!!!

BTW, I bet he goes over 1000 yards this year!

look at his YPC compared to alexanders

127912[/snapback]

OK, 5.4 versus 3.8. Lets remember though that SHauns been starting for a long time, McGahee will only get better. McGahee still doesnt have his full speed back yet either. If we FINALLY pay top dollar for the stud o-lineman this offseason. He will again only get better. Add in a QB who can scramble and demands defenses respect that and not constantly blitz, dman, he could be VERY VERY big!!!!

ill try to find out there yac.

((... This statistic isn’t available, but it would really useful to track how many

yards a running back ran before first contact. ... STATS, Inc. ... ))

127928[/snapback]

NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Willis McGahee 162 610 3.8 41 3 0 0

Travis Henry 94 326 3.5 19 0 0 0

When comparing WM to TH, the two differences I see are 3 TDs for WM and a longer lonest run. WM actually has fumbled more, but has not lost any. I understand that the Bills are winning with him in there, but his stats are not that much better than TH.

look at his YPC compared to alexanders

127912[/snapback]

I'd take Willis over Alexander any day, regardless of YPC.

Seahawks have studs like W. Jones + Hutchenson on their OL,

we've got JMac getting journeymen to start stepping up.

You're padding the stats here. You're saying all those yards came in his 5 starts and then dividing the total number of yards by those 5 starts...all those yards did not come in those games.

In McGahee's 5 starts he's carried the ball 127 times for 482 yards (3.8ypc). Willis is averaging 96.4 yards per start, not the 122 you're giving him.

Breakdown by game:

20 – 100 St. L

14 – 37 NE

37 – 132 NYJ

30 - 102 Ariz

26 – 111 Mia