Bills want to interview Russ Grimm from Arizona

Of all the coordinator options, Grimm is the one I want the most. Totally on board with this.

Why is Grimm the best choice? I don't see it. He is the running game coorinator. Arizona also has a passing coordinator. From my point of view, it's the passing game that has that team in contention. He does a fine job with offensive lines as evidenced by his stint in Pittsburgh, but where is the evidence that he would be a good head coach? I need more than "I want Grimm " as head coach.

Why is Grimm the best choice? I don't see it. He is the running game coorinator. Arizona also has a passing coordinator. From my point of view, it's the passing game that has that team in contention. He does a fine job with offensive lines as evidenced by his stint in Pittsburgh, but where is the evidence that he would be a good head coach? I need more than "I want Grimm " as head coach.

I think people are thinking he will help the OL and running game with his background. Beyond that, we know nothing about his discipline demands, his organization or his decision making. Hopefully, that will all come out in the interview process.

What I'd like to see is a name that hasn't been brought up any time a HC job comes open. I don't think Sean Payton was a big name, yet he came out of nowhere and showed something in the interview to get him the job with the Saints. I think Maurice Carthon was the OC at that time, and Payton was QB coach. He did have pedigree being on Bill Parcells' staff.

Lets start with the obvious: the Bills cannot pick HCs.

Lets see who can pick HCs...Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh had 3 finalists for HC..Mike Tomlin, Ken Whisenhut and Grimm. Whisenhut took the Arizona HC job because he was the odd man out. Came down to Grimm vs. Tomlin, Pitt liked both guys and took Tomlin. Since, both Tomlin and Whisenhut have taken their teams to the SB. If the Pitts Steelers, IMHO the best top-to-bottom organization in pro football, considered Grimm to be a finalist for their HC job, I'm not too proud to accept their table scraps for my team.

Grimm was mentioned ever earlier as a candidate for the Bears job, he interviewed and was deemed to need a little more seasoning. Grimm would help us build a tough OL with a strong running game, critical elements necessary to win in the Buffalo weather.

We have, already, a decent defense that could use another piece or two to help with run-stuffing, but was otherwise outstanding vs. the pass this year. They were also on the field for more plays than any other unit. If we built a strong OL and strong running game, which I believe Grimm would do, it would only give our D more of a chance to be effective as they would be on the field much less.

Next, our best WR is a good deep threat, not much more. If we had a good running game, it should open up the bomb for Evans, no matter who is throwing the ball as the safeties come up in run support.

Grimm would lessen the need to find the next Jim Kelly (a task we have whiffed at for 13 seasons) and focus on running the ball and defense. Kind of like how the Jets did this year. Thats my hope and why I'm advocating Grimm for HC.