Hire someone that WANTS to be here...

gobills28

As soon as Jauron was fired, my #1 vote went to Marty Schottenheimer. My #2 was Bill Cowher. I would be ecstatic over the hiring of either of them, but it is not looking too promising. My new thought...Hire someone that WANTS to be here. We don't need a coach who is not 100% commited to turning this franchise around. We need a coach thats willing to put in the time and effort and really get their hands dirty here in Orchard Park. Bill Cowher does not want to be here. Although he has not come out and offically said NO to the Bills, his actions speak louder than words. He has not signed here yet even though it's obvious he is our number one choice and Ralph is willing to pay him the big bucks. I hate to say it, but we may have to roll the dice on another coordinator and hope for the best. I want a proven head coach as much as all of you, but the sad part is, nobody proven wants to put their legacy on the line taking a shaky position here in Buffalo. So F them all...get someone that wants to be here!

All these reports coming out are just BS...I just want the Bills brass to hire a coach...one that is going to give it their all to get us to the promise land.

PS: I'm a younger guy so I wasn't able to attend the early 90's games. I've been going to ALL the games the last few years thinking, "What an atmosphere, but could you imagine this place if we had a winning team?" IT WOULD BE CRAZY. I'm hoping the day comes soon. GO BILLS.

As soon as Jauron was fired, my #1 vote went to Marty Schottenheimer. My #2 was Bill Cowher. I would be ecstatic over the hiring of either of them, but it is not looking too promising. My new thought...Hire someone that WANTS to be here. We don't need a coach who is not 100% commited to turning this franchise around. We need a coach thats willing to put in the time and effort and really get their hands dirty here in Orchard Park. Bill Cowher does not want to be here. Although he has not come out and offically said NO to the Bills, his actions speak louder than words. He has not signed here yet even though it's obvious he is our number one choice and Ralph is willing to pay him the big bucks. I hate to say it, but we may have to roll the dice on another coordinator and hope for the best. I want a proven head coach as much as all of you, but the sad part is, nobody proven wants to put their legacy on the line taking a shaky position here in Buffalo. So F them all...get someone that wants to be here!

All these reports coming out are just BS...I just want the Bills brass to hire a coach...one that is going to give it their all to get us to the promise land.

PS: I'm a younger guy so I wasn't able to attend the early 90's games. I've been going to ALL the games the last few years thinking, "What an atmosphere, but could you imagine this place if we had a winning team?" IT WOULD BE CRAZY. I'm hoping the day comes soon. GO BILLS.

Between you and me I completely agree. Bring in someone who wants to be here, and has something to prove. However history shows proven coaches dont win all the time, so there is a chance a successful coordinator could do well for B-lo. You look at other franchises that have Hc's that have 2-4 years of experience, they are exceeding expectations which can happen for the Bills. An example about percievment: players love to play for the Bills after they arrive (the college attmosphere, the support). You hear it from former players. It all comes down to judgemental perceivment. Depending on the hire they make, If Cowher or anyone else they end up signing is unsure about coming at first, at least the coach they do get should appreciate the fans and the support from them and should be happy from that standpoint.

Unfortunatley that won't be enough for a coach once they get here. That person will need support from management and ownership for important decisions, so that better change as well, until then we can only hope...

Well then i guess Billick is your man then. I really dont know how many times he has to hint that he is interested. Hes got experience and he could probably bring some good coaches along with him. Ita hard to find a good HC and now we have to go out and find a HC and a billion assistants. Good job there guys!!

I know the Bills said they would due their homework when it came to finding a coach. They also said it would take a while to get the right guy. Well, finding the right guy that wants to be here is critical. Whom out there is a cold weather coach. Cowher surely is, but does he want to be here? I would say Billick is somewhat of a cold weather coach and yes he wants to be here. I think the hold up on him is that as an offensive coach, his O's have sucked, but you have to see that this guy is what we are looking for. As for Coordinators, I bet you will see any one of these guys in here this week. Mike Nolan, Cam Cammeron, Brian Shottenheimer, Marty Mornhingwig, Sean McDermitt and Pete Carmichael Jr. Other guys that could get interviews are: Jim Harbaugh, Jim Mora, Jim Fassell, Herm Edwards(hope not), Dom Capers(Hope not) and Mike Leach

Who would you think would fit here, because as of Now, Leslie Frazier looks to be in the lead. I dont mind the guy, but That would mean we would stay with the Tampax Two Defense.

Tampax Two Defense.

That's some funny stuff. If you get this type of defense wet it will expand and eliminate porous line play. It is also good at filling holes and gap spaces. Definitely an upgrade the Bills could use. :huh:

That's some funny stuff. If you get this type of defense wet it will expand and eliminate porous line play. It is also good at filling holes and gap spaces. Definitely an upgrade the Bills could use. :thumbsup:

I think you are giving the Tampax 2 defense too much credit.

It was truly only efficient in being a bend-but-don't-break, stop the bleeding-type of philosophy.... :huh: