Dick Jauron

Absolutely right. We are doomed if we hire an offensive assistant with no head-coaching experience (like Jim Caldwell, Sean Payton, Ken Whisenhunt or Brad Childress) or a defensive assistant with no head-coaching experience (like Rex Ryan or John Harbaugh) or, worst yet, a failed retread head coach (like Wade Phillis or Norv Turner). Doomed.

Absolutely right. We are doomed if we hire an offensive assistant with no head-coaching experience (like Jim Caldwell, Sean Payton, Ken Whisenhunt or Brad Childress) or a defensive assistant with no head-coaching experience (like Rex Ryan or John Harbaugh) or, worst yet, a failed retread head coach (like Wade Phillis or Norv Turner). Doomed.

SOMEBODY PIN THIS POST.

And remarkably, people are clamoring for Jim Harbaugh, when no ex-college coaches are active in the playoffs (or in the league, unless I forgot someone).

Just like the last couple??

Here's to hoping the Bills can get it right with the Nix Man in the house. Everything happens for a reason baby! Just remember that one change can start a chain of events so powerful the world will never be the same again. Just one baby just one! :lol:

And remarkably, people are clamoring for Jim Harbaugh, when no ex-college coaches are active in the playoffs (or in the league, unless I forgot someone).

Off the top of my head, Superbowl winner Tom Coughlin was the head coach at Boston College before becoming the boss in Jacksonville.

Just like the last couple??

No, like the eight (remaining coaches in the playoffs) I cited for you.