Eli Manning looks great

Simon

Too bad the Giants are dropping good passes all over the field.

Drew Henson also looked good today.

Between Roethlisberger, Manning and Henson could this be the year of the rookie QB?

P.S. This is NOT, nor will it be a thread about Bledsoe

Between Roethlisberger, Manning and Henson could this be the year of the rookie QB?

127491[/snapback]

Have you noticed how well that line is playing too?

:lol:

Have you noticed how well that line is playing too?

:lol:

127510[/snapback]

Well ours is allowing the QB about 3.5 seconds on average to throw. A RB holes to rush for over 100 yards 4 of his 5 starts. Ours isn't doing all that bad either.

E. Manning 5/14 for 46 yds and 1 INT at the half. He looks like a scared rookie! Most of the dropped balls were because he has been throwing behind his WRs. I think you drank too much during the Bills game. But just remember, Peyton looked like stevestojan in his 1st start.

127491[/snapback]

In the long run (hopefully for Bills Fans), this could turn out to be the best pack of QB's since the Class of 83...Big Ben looks to be the Marino of the class, in that he's stepping out 1st (not that he'll ever put up numbers like Marino)...I doubt any of them will be Elway, Kelly, or Marino-like, but they could be 5 (Henson, Losman, Rivers, Manning, and Big Ben) quality Starters within a year or two, and that's a heck of a Rookie Class!

I really like Henson, of coarse I'm a Michigan Fan and admittedly biased where he is concerned. But that Kid (well...he's not really a Kid anymore) has more natural talent, and a better arm than any of the others...I think what is most important is the talent these young QB's get surrounded with. As far as JP is concerned, I hope the Bills do what every Team should do when they have a Young QB, and that's simply building a top tier O-Line, and Running Game...Look at how that's helped Big Ben already as a Rookie!

But you are correct about the Rookies, and that's not even considering Krenzel or Schaub...

He looks like a scared rookie!

Yeah except for that part where he keeps his eyes downfield, checks down when he's supposed to, makes good reads, feels the rush w/o looking at it and continues to find the open man.

The pick was bad but Coughlin should NEVER have allowed him to be put in that position at the end of the half.

Cya

Oohhhh GOD!!!!  Please don't tell me you are a Brady fan also.  You aren't allowed here if you are.  :lol:

127551[/snapback]

Well...I've admitted as much right here on TSW a million times...So let me be damned! B)

I hate him for 2 weekends a year, that's the best I can do... :blink:

The pick was bad but Coughlin should NEVER have allowed him to be put in that position at the end of the half.

Cya

127559[/snapback]

I totally agree with that. TC is not too smart.

I know what you are talking about when you mention his intangibles, but he looks nervous out there and I would be too starting my first game in NYC.

Hey Simon, Eli looks like a totally different QB in the 2nd half. He looks like his confidence is at a max right now, hitting guys in the #s. I'm sure he just had 1st game jitters in the 1st half and has settled down. Even Shockey is patting him on the head.

Looks like Kurt Warner lost his job for good.

127637[/snapback]

Not yet, Eli has to learn that there are more WRs on the team other than Jeremy Shockey. He locked onto him big time and the Falcons caught on. He definitely needs some work around the edges. DB locks on the EM, but not as bad as Eli locked onto Shockey today.

Not yet, Eli has to learn that there are more WRs on the team other than Jeremy Shockey.  He locked onto him big time and the Falcons caught on.  He definitely needs some work around the edges.  DB locks on the EM, but not as bad as Eli locked onto Shockey today.

127757[/snapback]

And Eli still put up a TD and kept them in the game against a 7-2 team with a damn good D.

BTW...that other rookie that sucked in his first outing, Peyton Manning, threw 1 TD and 3 picks.

And Eli still put up a TD and kept them in the game against a 7-2 team with a damn good D.

BTW...that other rookie that sucked in his first outing, Peyton Manning, threw 1 TD and 3 picks.

127767[/snapback]

As I stated in my 1st post in this thread. Read them all before shooting off.

"Peyton looked like stevestojan in his 1st start."

10 points on offense and a 45.1 QB rating "looks great?" Mmmmmmmkay..... that explains a lot.

The kid showed poise, played some plays "smart," had a good drive, but still has a way to go. As some have mentioned, for one thing he has to learn that TE's are not the only eligible receivers....

The kid showed poise, played some plays "smart," had a good drive, but still has a way to go. As some have mentioned, for one thing he has to learn that TE's are not the only eligible receivers....

Never said he didn't have a way to go, but for his first NFL start against a 7-2 team with a very good pass rush he was playing great when I posted this. The Falcons eventually suckered the rookie into some bad throws later in the game, but I still think he looked very good and showed the kind of vision that's going to make him an excellent pro QB.

Mmmmmmmkay..... that explains a lot.

I'd be very interested to know exactly what that's supposed to mean.