Why Did Haslett Lose Favor So Fast?

ajzepp

I know i havent earned a ton of credibility here yet.... so ill look for some links on this too....

part of why he was run out of new orleans was that the team was totally out of control. He had gotten a cheerleader pregnant, the locker room was a mess (players sleeping with other players wives). It was all kept hush hush around the league but if you dig, i have seen some info on it in the news. It was widely known here in new orleans though.

lol, ummm....oh :lol:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i know it sounds a lil out there, but it was one of those things that got kept very hush hush. The cheerleader was paid a decent chunk of money to stay quiet, when tom benson the saints owner found out he fired randy mueller the GM for paying the girl with team funds without consulting him, and in fact lying about it.

im sure every team has these stories that dont make it to the media, but the locals know about. Example: Marshawn liking to bring his own bottles to the club, etc.... I know this is bigger, but you get the idea.

EDIT: I havent found a news story, but heres a post that came up on a saints message board. Its a poster that has 2,000 posts, and isnt just some schmuck... Ill try to find a better source though.

"Originally Posted by TheBigEasy99

Anybody want to hear short story I made up for my creative writing class? It's completely made up and it bears absolutely no resemblance to any actual events.

It starts with a football coach. We'll call him, oh I don't know, COACH JH. COACH JH decides to have a little tryst with one of his team's cheerleaders (we'll call her CHEERLEADER SS). Well, CHEERLEADER SS ends up pregnant from her encounter (encounters?) with COACH JH and threatens to go the media with the whole sordid tale. This puts COACH JH in quite the pickle as he is a married man. Couple that with the fact that the team COACH JH coaches (TEAM NOS) has had quite a few negative instances occur around that time period (teammates stealing from other teammates lockers, teammates wacking rookies with socks filled with nickels, teammates allegedly sleeping with/impregnating other teammates wives, etc) and it is obvious to all that a scandal involving a LEAGUE NFL head coach and a knocked up team cheerleader is the last thing TEAM NOS needs. So GM RM gets involved and pays CHEERLEADER SS a healthy sum of money to keep her mouth shut. Everything would have been fine except GM RM used TEAM NOS money to pay CHEERLEADER SS off with. When the owner of TEAM NOS (OWNER TB) finds out about this he is none too pleased. OWNER TB fires GM RM on the spot. COACH JH amazingly gets to keep his job and lead TEAM NOS through several years of mediocrity. The end. "

When you start a thread about someone do you ever stop to look at his actual record as a head coach or just want to remember him as a good player for the Bills, and say why not?

NO 2000 10-6

NO 2001 7-9

NO 2002 9-7

NO 2003 8-8

NO 2004 8-8

NO 2005 3-13

His record 53-61 So looking at his work in New Orleans what makes you think he would be better then Jauron?

The NFC South, Atlanta-Carolina-Tampa Bay. If he can't get a team to compete in that division, how can you think he could win going up against Parcells - Belichick teams, and now Buddy Ryans son is kicking butt with the Jets.

The only coach I can see making this franchise a winner in the AFC East at this time is Bill Cowher.

When you start a thread about someone do you ever stop to look at his actual record as a head coach or just want to remember him as a good player for the Bills, and say why not?

No, I typically just post random crap....whatever comes to mind.