5 sacks by DBs....

bartshan-83

No actually very well timed blitzes. They only brought 1 safety and and a LB at a time, Dropped everyone else.  For the first time in a LONG time, our front four just beat the dog stevestojan out of someone.

127446[/snapback]

I love our Defense and have stuck up for them even during their bad games, but to be realistic in this case...St. Louis has one of the worst offesive lines in the league. It has been a major weak point for them all season. I didn't see the game, but I was surprised to see so few sacks (1?) by our D-line.

At least we were able to take advantage of their weakness. That's a sign of a good gameplan and execution.

I love our Defense and have stuck up for them even during their bad games, but to be realistic in this case...St. Louis has one of the worst offesive lines in the league.  It has been a major weak point for them all season.  I didn't see the game, but I was surprised to see so few sacks (1?) by our D-line.

At least we were able to take advantage of their weakness.  That's a sign of a good gameplan and execution.

127454[/snapback]

The D-line was especially good today. The Rams had 35 yards rushing, mostly due to the line.

Shoebel blew up Faulk on the goaline. Adams was a maniac, and had an int. Denney and Kelsay got hits on Bulger that contributed to his inaccuracy late in the game.

It was good to see them get back on track so quickly.

Oh those were a mix of coverage sacks and just speed sacks by the secondary. Milloy outworked his blockers on a couple of his sacks and the other guys just came in unblocked. Part of the reason for the lack of sacks by the D line was that they pushed bulger out of the pocket, which resulted in INTS or sacks by the secondary. If you're just looking at the boxscore, its very very misleading as to the play of the D line. I for one thought it was their best performance of the year. That hit by shobel, while he was dragging pace on faulk has to be the hit of the year, or in the top 3. watch primetime tonight for that spanking.

Lawyer Milloy had three sacks on blitzes. One was timed pretty well, but he had to race like hell around the tackle to reach the QB; one where the (guard?) looked like he met him well at the line, but Milloy spins towards the middle then proceeds upfield to make the sack (!), and another where he reaches through TWO players who got a piece of him to grab the QB and pull him down. What a player. I've seen a lot of blitzers who would've got lost in the second and third attempts - they were really nice plays.

The Terrence McGee sack looked like he had short zone coverage on his side of the field. Bulger was flushed out of the pocket, and began to run to that side of the field; McGee came up to make the stop for -1 yards.

I see from the stats the other DB sack was Greer. Can't remember that one.

I see from the stats the other DB sack was Greer. Can't remember that one.

128428[/snapback]

Greer was lined up in what looked like man to man coverage on the slot receiver. At the snap, instead of covering the WR, he darted towards the QB and got in untouched (since the OL was blocking the DL). . Clean sack that Bulger had no chance on.

CW

I love our Defense and have stuck up for them even during their bad games, but to be realistic in this case...St. Louis has one of the worst offesive lines in the league.  It has been a major weak point for them all season.  I didn't see the game, but I was surprised to see so few sacks (1?) by our D-line.

At least we were able to take advantage of their weakness.  That's a sign of a good gameplan and execution.

127454[/snapback]

Considering that St Louis had the #4 ranked passing offense in the league, I think that the D played lights out. They also held Faulk to 6 yards on 13 carries.

The interesting thing is that on many of the blitzes they were only rushing four (I remember at least once they had Milloy, Posey and 2 D-Linemen...). Gray really devised a good scheme that seemed to confuse the heck out of their O-Line. The Rams had no idea, play to play, who was going to come in....