WGR Email

drhockey

Just got a generic email from WGR stating that the station has talked to Billick himself off the record and he stated that he has had no official contact with the Bills and that no interview has been set up.

Not groundbreaking news or something we didn't already assume, but just passing it along to everyone.

With OBD being so quiet on interviews and Buddy saying that he wanted to address the Head Coach position ASAP, one may assume they are trying their darnedest to talk Cowher into the spot and possibly throwing the kitchen sink at him....or at least we can hope.

I really hope that's the case, but I am starting to beleive it's because they're targeting an assistant on a playoff team!

How about reporting your sources the right way?

It says "off the AIR" not "off the record"

Congratulations on pulling a ESPN by twisting the story and someones words

My apologies to all those that were offended by my mistake. I received it on my blackberry at work and read through it quickly while trying to actually get some work done. I deleted the email right away, so if it did say "off the air" versus "off the record", then my bad and i'm sorry for the error.

I, personally, could care less about trying to twist words or to insinuate a different message on this board. All i was trying to do was pass along a quick message and typed incorrectly. So, shoot me. Sorry.

I understand the integrity of the source and the "what they actually said" agrument, so spare me, but it can be amazing how sensitive people can be sometimes. Cripes.

Let's all sing "Kum ba ya", shall we? :thumbsup:

I suspect they are trying desparately to land Cowher based upon the Nix press confernce. Recall how many times Cowher's name was mentioned by JK, et al. This leads me to believe that he is the one they're angling hard for.

I suspect if that wasn't the case, we would have seen another candidate in there like a Billick. I read Haslett's name was on the list yet there's been no report that he has been contacted.

The silence from Cowher and the Bills leads me to believe that they're talking -- of course, it may not come to anything.

I'd be disapointed and surprised if they hire some inexperienced coordinator.

Shannihan and DC made the market yesterday, so the numbers should be clearer today

and why does WGR have to ask national media types about what's going on at OBD? I find it really odd, that they're so out of touch and removed. Why does Clayton know more about the Bills situation than Mike Schopp appears to know?

How about reporting your sources the right way?

It says "off the AIR" not "off the record"

Congratulations on pulling a ESPN by twisting the story and someones words

can you spell overreaction?

how about honest mistake?

how about blowitoutyerpiehole?

The funny thing about that crap station is:

Today I was driving to work and switched off my Sirius because I wanted to know if anything was new. I hear Jeremy ramble on about how they are the "filters" for all the crap rumors that are out there. They mention Sal, and others that they feel just "say" anything and its all false, however they didn't mention Paul Hamilton. Who said the Bills had contacted Billick, and that ended up being false. Sirius is the best investment I have made in a long time.

I disagree with the approach of having a top-to-bottom list in order of preference. Seems to me you conduct the interviews FIRST and THEN you rank them. This way, a coach who is interviewed 4th doesn't assume he was the 4th choice, and so on. I say you make a list of guys you want to speak with and then you interview them ALL -- in no particular order -- and then make a decision.

I agree with what you are saying, however while the media speculates who is on top/bottom of priority, i suspect the bills are doing it just as you say. They obviously contacted shanahan, cowher gruden earlier, waiting until after the season to contact the assistant coaches around the league, Their order of contact maybe doesn't reflect their priority.

By the way i have seen nearly every bronco game the last ten years, unless they were playing the same time as the bills. While Shanahan is a good coach, he made lots of game day errors and bad draft choices. He brought to the table a sound running game, but rarely had good defenses, and Brian Griese, Jake Plummer and even Jay Cutler were for the most part inconsistent, partly because of scheming and game plan. I don't feel bad we didn't land him.

The funny thing about that crap station is:

Today I was driving to work and switched off my Sirius because I wanted to know if anything was new. I hear Jeremy ramble on about how they are the "filters" for all the crap rumors that are out there. They mention Sal, and others that they feel just "say" anything and its all false, however they didn't mention Paul Hamilton. Who said the Bills had contacted Billick, and that ended up being false. Sirius is the best investment I have made in a long time.

All Paul reported is that Billick was assembling a staff....

Billick story

• 3 weeks later...
Ye, I expect you to be preparing an ode or a diddy. Not just any ol' ode or diddy either. When the Bills new HC is announced I expect an ode or diddy that will be life changing in its magnificence & stupendous in its stupendiference.

I know you won't let us down.

I bring this post back today, because on Jan. 6 our good friend John Beerball presented YE OLE with this task. Since the Gailey hiring, YE OLE, has worked on various versions, but not yet released them to this board. Since Beerball commissioned YE OLE for this assignment, both Beerball and YE OLE have seen misfortune. First YE OLE and his wife spent a week in the hospital, as we almost lost our son to pre term labor at 22 weeks (this would have been the second such loss YE OLE and his wife would have experienced this year, as we lost our first son who was born at 21 weeks and lived for only 3 hours)... and now today Mrs. Beerball has informed us that John is in the hospital in ICU. Let our prayers help to heal him, just as the prayers of many got YE OLE and his family through a difficult time only a week ago.

In light of these tragic events, upon John's full recovery, YE OLE shall make good on his challenge to me and release the ultimate Chan Gailey parody. Until then... let our prayers be with the Beerball family!

Just got a generic email from WGR stating that the station has talked to Billick himself off the record and he stated that he has had no official contact with the Bills and that no interview has been set up.

Not groundbreaking news or something we didn't already assume, but just passing it along to everyone.

With OBD being so quiet on interviews and Buddy saying that he wanted to address the Head Coach position ASAP, one may assume they are trying their darnedest to talk Cowher into the spot and possibly throwing the kitchen sink at him....or at least we can hope.

I think it's safe to shut this thread down.