Favorite Bill who you forgot was even a Bill at all?

Kingfish

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron (Roland?) McDole

OL who went to the SB with the 'Skins

I think Jim Dunaway went with him. We also traded away Tom Day, starting a tradition of dumping our best offensive and defensive linemen which goes on to this day....

As to the unknown fullbacks, I think I'd like to add Roosevelt Leaks.

I remember Bobby Burnett...I think he was AFL rookie of the year and named to pro-bowl. Terrible injury and he was never the same.

oh..and Charlie "Pork Chop" Warner. I wore his number in high school. Played the other corner to Butch Byrd. Booker Edgerson was in there as well, if I remember correctly. Never forget booker running down Lance Alworth as Curt Gowdy was going on about Lance being the fastest man in all of football.

Mike Lodish - finally got his superbowl - super dependable backup

Billy Brooks - f/a receiver who you probably forgot we had briefly

Mickey Washington - solid DB who came from out of nowhere to have a career day against Marino, and then started for a while.

Greg Bell - solid RB before the Thurman era

Rob Riddick - GREAT RB before the Thurman era

Kurt Shulz - hard hitter

Gabe Northern - thought this guy was the next Biscuit

Darick Holmes - hard runner in the post-Thurman era - still remember him getting lit up at the goal line against the 49ers though.

Corbin Lacina - thought this guy was the next Will Wilford.

Matt Darby - Another hard hitting safety, but a step slow in coverage - only really worth remembering because 'Darby' is a cool name.

Marcus Spriggs - another lineman with lots of potential - I thought he'd have a better career than he had.

Robert Hicks - a project tackle that showed promise - the Bills gave up on him and he vanished

Sam Cowart - dude was a STUD until injuries took their toll. For about a year I would've said he was the 3rd best ILB/MLB in the league, only behind Seau and Ray Ray.

EDIT:

Some more...

John Kidd - great punter...it took until Moorman to truly replace him (we tried guys like Tuten and Mohr, but they didn't have the leg Kidd had)

Marvcus Patton...his mother played linebacker in a women's league

Shane Collins - like, the prequel to Shane Conlan...weird.

Josh Roth - courtesy f/a signing for a UB kid.

Craig Guest - another UB kid...came into the league undersized but quick...disappeared for a while...came back looking like a bodybuilder but he lost his agility...never heard from again.

Butch 'shake, rattle, and' Rolle - all he did was catch touchdowns

Mark Pike - 2nd best special teamer in Bills history

Al Edwards - versatile receiver who was our KO returnman during the early '90s

Oh, and...

Martin Mayhew