I wish everyone had the Sunday Ticket

Or, switch to dish and get the red zone channel without the sunday ticket!

Yeah, I like direct tv too much. They offer so much better sports packages. I always get the NCAA March madness package, which I absolutely need. My brother in law has dish & I just do not think it is as good as DTV, although it is cheaper.

I highly doubt I will get the same deal. A day or two later after I got my deal someone posted that DTV was starting to get wise to it & they were not offering as good of deals. I will try it again, hopefully they do not call my bluff & go tell me to f*ck myself & switch to dish. If they do that I will probably hangup on them & pretend like I never called. I drop over a grand on 2 season tickets so I am really not compelled to drop another $350 on something I will only use 6-7 sundays per year. I got to admit though, it is going to be tough to going back & only getting the regular network games next year.

You don't need to threaten anything. Just call, ask for customer retention, and be polite. I posted that deal last season -- and all you had to do was ask what they could do for you and they offered it up.

They also gave me $5 off/month for 12 months this past May because I have been a customer for 10 years. Just out of the blue they sent me a card in the mail. My cable company has never done that for my broadband... :lol:

Yeah, I like direct tv too much. They offer so much better sports packages. I always get the NCAA March madness package, which I absolutely need. My brother in law has dish & I just do not think it is as good as DTV, although it is cheaper.

Really? I never compared side by side but I expected sports packages to be the same except for the Ticket.

Ohhhh I see. DTV grabbed an exclusive on that too from CBS like they did with the NFL. I really wish the FCC would stop all this exclusive rights bull **** on things like that. All it does is drive the price up for the consumers.

Really? I never compared side by side but I expected sports packages to be the same except for the Ticket.

They are different. You do not get as many fox sports channels as you do with direct tv. This may not be a big deal to most people, but it is if you want to watch Pac 10/Big 12 basketball/football games. There is other stuff too, like the ticket, the march madness tournament that dish does not offer.

Ohhhh I see. DTV grabbed an exclusive on that too from CBS like they did with the NFL. I really wish the FCC would stop all this exclusive rights bull **** on things like that. All it does is drive the price up for the consumers.

You mean like EA buying exclusive rights to the NFL so that nobody else can make an NFL video game?

My problem with the NFL product is the over the top commercialization. Consider the sequence of events during a game:

Touchdown

TV timeout

Extra point

TV timeout

Kickoff

TV timeout

Then every quarter break, when teams call timeout, and even every punt or turnover there is a TV timeout.

It has gotten beyond ridiculous in my opinion. It all stems from the crazy player salaries. Lee Evans, 9 million dollars a year for a 16 game season. That's $562,500.00 a game just for that one player! In order to (over)pay the players and generally everyone else involved they need high TV revenue and they can only get that with lots of artificial timeouts for commercials. It has gotten to the point that I cannot just watch a game. I need to be doing something else as well or all of the dead time would drive me crazy. I certainly don't see player salaries decreasing, so I'm stuck with the way it is. I rarely watch football now except for the Bills for this reason. Fortunately I live in the Rochester area and get the games on cable. The Sunday Ticket would be an extreme waste of money for me. In fact if I didn't live around here I probably would not watch much football at all.

I agree.

It is incredibly frustrating to have them introduce the game, then cut to commercials. Then they come back for the kickoff, and go to commercials. Every stop in action on the field brings with it an onslaught of commercials that we most likely just saw in the last salvo of ads. I now cringe at any time out.

Almost like mind control through constant repetition.

It used to be that when there was a stoppage in play, the announcers would have to do their jobs and give is some nuggets if insight into the players themselves. For me as a fan, I gained a tremendous wealth of appreciation for the players and character of them and their personal lives, how they trained, etc.

The NBA went through a period where they sold the league based on the players in the league and their personalities (Bird, Jordan, Johnson, etc). It was enjoyable and grew the league like nothing before it.

I don't know if anything will yield to the almighty dollar. The NFL, having found a winning formula, are not going to lessen their grip on income.

I just wish we didn't have to suffer through so many commercials....